starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elbow Tendonitis: How It Occurs and What to Do About It | Jordan Burnett

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You've got to try pretty hard to get triceps tendonitis.
    I had either that or tendonosis in the triceps tendon for several years. What seemed to aggravate it the most was LTEs. My PT suggested that it may have contributed the the triceps tendon tear I had in March while bench pressing.

Triceps tendonitis doesn't occur in the absence of direct elbow extension assistance exercises.

Good to know. So avoiding LTEs and the like should prevent a reoccurrence.

Any thoughts on the likelihood of another tendon tear after I'm fully healed? My PT says very, very unlikely, almost unheard of. My ortho implied I'm an idiot for attempting such weights (265) at my age (57) and should focus on higher reps. My goal was a 300 lb bench and I hate to give up on it.

All I can say is: the pin firing method worked for me. Since you like chins, perhaps you need to push yourself a little further for the stress. This method got me liking chins, so it was kinda new. (And I would not call 10 sets of 2 high volume. I did 20 sets of 8. Rip recommended 20 sets, this is important.)

Sorry I cannot comment on the squat. But I would assume with some good arm strength, this would go away. And I would call good arm strength the ability to do 20 sets of some chins over the course of 50 minutes.

starting strength coach development program
    Hello,
    Where can I find the article that gives the full pin firing program. All I have found is the article by Jordan ,Elbow Tendonitis: How It Occurs and What to Do About It | Jordan Burnett, but it doesn't tell you what to after the first day of doing 10-15 sets of chins?
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12