starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corona Training: Dumbbell & Bodyweight at Home Gym Routine (Video)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by moreplatesplease View Post
    First workout day went well yesterday.

Probably the biggest adjustment was doing the squats. Felt like they were going to be a breeze, given I last squatted 350lbs for 5 reps of 3 sets, but going back to a more front/high bar squat type of form was a challenge, especially barefoot in the house, even just with 25lbs dumbbells.

Also had to do the triceps extensions on the ground, but I felt like they still went pretty well.

Still trying to get the pull throughs down,but the analogy to a kettlebell swing definitely helps with keeping a correct form in mind.

Thanks again Andy. I'm glad we have something we can do until the future of going to a public gym is clearer.
    I noticed the same thing on my first KB workout last week. I did 5 sets off 20 goblet squats with 50# along with KB snatches, KB presses, pushups etc and the goblet squat sets totally lit me up in a way I did not anticipate. I was thinking that 50# was barely going to feel like doing air squats.

I will say, however, by the 3rd time I worked out, 20 rep goblet squats were considerably less taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    I noticed the same thing on my first KB workout last week. I did 5 sets off 20 goblet squats with 50# along with KB snatches, KB presses, pushups etc and the goblet squat sets totally lit me up in a way I did not anticipate. I was thinking that 50# was barely going to feel like doing air squats.

I will say, however, by the 3rd time I worked out, 20 rep goblet squats were considerably less taxing.
    I think a lot of it for me was trying to NOT low bar squat, and focus on the high bar/front bar position with the dumbbells being held correctly.

starting strength coach development program
    I’m glad that I’m a “train at home” guy in all of this. Being a little older, I never cared for the “gym atmosphere”, even when I was younger. Well meaning folks with tons of useless advice ,and of course, the social games in most places. I used to do lots of pushups, pull ups, and dumbbell supersets, until a buddy of mine kept bothering me about buying his weights and bench. After paying him $150 for a 300 lb Weider set, I purchased a cheap half rack from Dick’s for $300, and figured that I would try this Starting Strength stuff...I have less than $500 in my stuff. I do wish that there was a SS gym in my area because I would benefit greatly from a coach, but nobody I talk to around here seems interested in lifting. Especially guys in my age group ( 50s)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12