starting strength gym

Thread: Seven Weeks of Starting Strength | Eric Lowery

Default Seven Weeks of Starting Strength | Eric Lowery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    "In the last 11 years, I have survived a round of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever with a massive DVT and multiple pulmonary embolisms, and later a ruptured appendix (without knowing it), an emergency appendectomy, more DVTs, and another pulmonary embolism..."

Read article

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    "But perhaps most important, after two years of not much happening I'm finally seeing a real change in my blood pressure numbers. I've already come off one medication, and today my diastolic was at 80 for the first time I've seen in two years. My systolic was down about 15 points and the dropping trend started about a week ago."
    Eric, congratulations on doing the program and getting the results. I agree that while getting stronger is awesome, it is also expected when you start training for strength. But the dropping of blood pressure is not only less expected - general "wisdom" would say lifting heavy is contraindicated for people with pre-existing conditions like high blood pressure. You are one more example that getting stronger is beneficial for your health, even and also for people with high blood pressure.
    It is great to hear that 1) you started lifting in spite of the general misconceptions about lifting and blood pressure, and 2) get these awesome results in strength and health! Thank you for sharing your story - or rather, the beginning of your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Eric, congratulations on doing the program and getting the results. I agree that while getting stronger is awesome, it is also expected when you start training for strength. But the dropping of blood pressure is not only less expected - general "wisdom" would say lifting heavy is contraindicated for people with pre-existing conditions like high blood pressure. You are one more example that getting stronger is beneficial for your health, even and also for people with high blood pressure.
    It is great to hear that 1) you started lifting in spite of the general misconceptions about lifting and blood pressure, and 2) get these awesome results in strength and health! Thank you for sharing your story - or rather, the beginning of your story.
    The best part is that this was original written back in early March. Two weeks later, before Rona locked us down, I'd reset on Deadlifts after struggling at 345, but my Squat was 295 for 3 sets of 5, my Bench was 190ish (minus some elbow tendonitis issues), and my Press was almost 140.

Definitely not staying as strong trying to work out at home, but got enough equipment I can do something now. Even got two door-stopper kettlebells to farmer's carry to the door and back!