starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gym Posters

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    There are a bunch of Rip quotes here, Wit and Wisdom of Mark Rippetoe

Some suitable ones for a poster:
    Yes, if you squat wrong it fucks things up. If you squat correctly, those same fucked-up things will unfuck themselves.

Poor form in the gym is caused by insufficient yelling. (More for a regular gym than a home gym but who knows? Maybe regular gym owners will buy your posters too.)

There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat.

If you insist on wearing gloves, make sure they match your purse.

Perfect is the enemy of good.

Only people willing to work to the point of discomfort on a regular basis using effective means to produce that discomfort will actually look like they have been other-than-comfortable most of the time.

The interesting thing is that everybody really already knows this, because there are few examples in life that don’t follow the basic rules of the universe, the ones that dictate the behavior of everything. One of the most basic of those rules is that, with the exception of the occasional lottery winner, you pretty much get out of an effort what you put into it. We’re all quite familiar with this reality, although we are often willing to believe people who tell us otherwise, about exercise and about life.

My personal favorite, "women don't care about your abs". I remind myself of this frequently, so I'm not deluded about my reason for training. I train because it's fun and because it makes my life better, not so I can get girls. And if trying to lose weight makes training too difficult then fuck it I'll stay fat.

"People always say take it easy, but easy makes you soft and soft makes you dead."
    By the way, do you ship for Israel? If yes, i will order a shirt and a poster soon.

Not a quote but if you could do some with illustrations from the book I think they would sell well. I notice that a lot of gyms have gone to the effort of actually painting the squat/ deadlift/ press diagrams on their walls. Poster versions would make things a lot easier!

Quote Originally Posted by zinedine kilbane View Post
    Not a quote but if you could do some with illustrations from the book I think they would sell well. I notice that a lot of gyms have gone to the effort of actually painting the squat/ deadlift/ press diagrams on their walls. Poster versions would make things a lot easier!
    Yes, yes, yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gin69 View Post
    There are a bunch of Rip quotes here, Wit and Wisdom of Mark Rippetoe

Perfect is the enemy of good.
    Check out Voltaire sometime.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

"Welcome to the community that believes easy will no longer suffice."

"You fucking deserve this."

"The Iron Never Lies To You"

One of many really good quotes from Henry Rollins.

"Easy doesn't work"
    "It's supposed to feel heavy"

+1 for posters of those awesome line art illustrations of the movements.

I would also like to add my vote for posters of the movement diagrams for the squat/deadlift/bench press/press. Those would be the perfect addition to the walls of my home gym.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for your suggestions, folks. We'll do illustrations of the lifts and a select handful of quotes. I'm thinking 11x17 or 16x20 posters. Feel free to keep posting ideas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast