starting strength gym

Thread: Podcast recommendations

Default Podcast recommendations

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all, appologies if this has been covered before. I've tried searching but all the threads I've found seem to be specific to one podcast, not general recommendations.

On the back of the audio book thread, I thought I'd get one going on for podcasts. Podcasts in general have been a game changer for me. They help me get through the monotony of the work day, or, during a workout, just help me get out of my own head. Sometimes it's nice just to drown out all the "noise" going on internally.

First one is glaringly obvious, but there may be some who aren't aware:
    Starting Strength Radio. It's kind of like that image of Grandpa Simpson shaking his fist in anger at a cloud, but in audio format. And it's great. The only podcast that I listen to every episode.

Tim Ferriss podcast. Authour of the "4 hour work week". Self experimenter who delves deep into the makings of elite performers in ANY field with the idea of trying to find a generic blueprint for high level success. He interviews athletes, investors, actors, child prodigies, entrepreneurs and anyone in between. Really thought provoking. If anyone is interested in improving sleep, he has put a lot of time into it and covers it semi regularly. Personally, I think it's possibly the best all round podcast available (sorry Rip, you're a very close second)

Biggerpockets. Property investment based, but has branched out into business and entrepreneurship.

Joe Rogan is an obvious one, but I personally only pick a few here and there, the ones that explore new ideas and concepts, or really go deep into something of interest. The ones with a few comedians just getting baked together doesn't really do it for me.

Few other random episodes that feature Stan Efferding. Guy's very intelligent, a massive success in the fitness industry and easy to listen to.

So, what do you listen to and what's it about?

Cheers, Ben.

Revisionist History.

Hard-core history, and start with blueprint for armegedon.

Mike Duncan’s Revolutions podcast is pretty good, its closer to a series of audiobooks than a podcast. Ive only listened to his series on the 1848 Revolutions and the English Civil war, Id give it a listen if you’re into often overlooked history.

Life Changing:
    Jocko Podcast (start from episode 1, it's the only way. Actually, if you've never heard of him, start with the first Tim Ferriss interview he did)
    The Peter Attia Drive (longevity doctor talking health stuff)
    The Martyrmade Podcast (more of a docuseries, the story of the Israel - Palestinian conflict)

On the lighter side:
    How I Built This
    Stuff You Should Know

Not-SS Lifting Podcasts (don't kill me)
    The Horn Strength Post-Workout Podcast

We're Alive a Story of Survival

&

Walking the Floor w/ Chris Shifflet

5 HILL OVER YONDER - YouTube

BTM

starting strength coach development program
    Car Talk is still funny and informative (even though they've been reruns for almost 10 years).