starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why almost no one should straight bar deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You're getting prickly Rip..maybe its the quarantine..I am seriously trying to clarify what you're saying...I respect your opinion on this topic ...but I am getting mixed messages..

In your podcasts you always mention how Physical Therapists, and we must assume you mean people who have Master's and Doctorate degrees and hold State licenses in Physical therapy ,are often DEAD wrong about certain understanding concerning human movement ( and seriously I am very impressed by your knowledge of the human body and movement and ability to explain it) ...Nevertheless you're calling them out. You even imply that they might be fucking people up in some instances ..maybe not causing injuries..but predisposing people to injury...so on the one hand your saying trained professionals can fuck shit up ,but on the other you're saying the NAIVE ,BARBELL VIRGIN, will just pick up a barbell and masterly perform somewhat complicated movement patterns with an object that could kill them if it fell on them in certain positions...is this what you're saying?

I KNOW YOU PROBABLY WON'T EVEN POST THIS

The next time you post something that includes something about me probably not posting it, you're done.

Deadlifts! The new politics affecting our population today! This thread got crazy. I have to say though, regular dead’s only require the same bar as squats thus saving money.

Elite lifter Stan Efferding, after attending a SS Seminar, learned some new stuff and incorporated some key SS methods into his lifting. The simple fact of the matter is there is not a single credible refutation of the bluebook’s analysis of the deadlift - because it can’t be refuted. To refute SS is to refute Physics and Phenomenology. In the absence of reliable data i.e. 99% of peer-reviewed Exercise Science journals, people had better pay attention to the phenomenology if they want the best results and to avoid wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post

As an aside, I can't believe Britney is still as attractive as she is.
    Attractive? Maybe at a homeless shelter she would fit that description.

I dare you to jack off to that video. Look into her eyes. You won’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Attractive? Maybe at a homeless shelter she would fit that description.

I dare you to jack off to that video. Look into her eyes. You won’t do it.
    She came on the scene when I was about 9 years old. I can still remember watching her blossom on the Disney channel. She'll always occupy a special place in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    She came on the scene when I was about 9 years old. I can still remember watching her blossom on the Disney channel. She'll always occupy a special place in my heart.
    Does that mean challenge accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Does that mean challenge accepted?

Up here in Boston where Boyle lives and works his influence is pretty big. I never understood his focus on ‘ bilateral’ movements. He started out training hockey players. Nor do I understand the mental leap that is required to assume that because someone is wearing skates that is different than a standard ground reaction in any sport.
    Anyone up here who has played college hockey on any level and elite high school hockey programs have strength programs derived from Boyle. Drives me nuts when I talk to the hockey players.

starting strength coach development program
    In contrast, everybody here in Wichita Falls ignores me. Easy gets paid attention to.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast