starting strength gym
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pence refuses to wear face mask at Mayo clinic....WTF?!!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It’s worth noting that masks are not required in all hospitals in the US to include chemotherapy centers. I’ve been taking my wife for chemo and all of the tests/checkups since January. They have been screening people at the entrance. They just ask how you’re feeling. Masks are not required.

Back in December and January they couldn’t give away enough masks, gloves and supplies. They made goody bags for us. This hospital is in Milwaukee and is now a ghost town. Many of the workers are on reduced hours or furloughed.

Apparently chemo is still essential.

He definitely REFUSED...how else are you gonna define it..I am just trying to understand his point of view...WHY did he refuse..

Now getting back to the topic of masks...yes, it is hard to debate whether one should wear one around sick or immuno compromised people and surgery and such...I have no debate with those situations but whether healthy people should wear them pretty much all the time?

This is a serious discussion because many states are gonna start requiring them for all sorts of situations..so to ask is it good or a real benefit is a legit concern

And I disagree with the premise that nature does not care if you as an individual lives or dies...it surely does..that is why it hard wired survival mechanisms into our DNA and at EVERY LEVEL of biological organization ...what do you think SEX is the will to survive ...

Nature wants us exposed to germs that how the immune system works ..use it or lose it...that is our biological defense system against viruses...the answer is not limiting our exposure to germs but strengthening our immunity..and I am not suggesting we rub Ebola on ourselves...I am just saying that long term wearing of masks is gonna have negative consequences...just wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    He definitely REFUSED...how else are you gonna define it..I am just trying to understand his point of view...WHY did he refuse..
    Video?

I just watched the video that comes right up on my Apple eye pad...yes, it was Politico who first reported it..it showed signs on the front door with ALL VISITORS MUST WEAR FACE MASKS underlined and the Human resources stating they sent him a reminder of the policy....

I think is is indisputable that he knew the policy...Indisputable...the question I am trying to understand is why..he said because he gets tested regularly..now that is dumb...

I don't think Pence is stupid...I think he is deftly managing an often difficult , conflicting and certainly narcissistic boss..he is trying to politically survive both the now-and the future ...and because I said Trump is narcissistic does not mean I don't recognize some outstanding leadership qualities and even genius in him

Post the link.

Don’t know if this is the video Mainstream refers to, but it is from Politico and it covers Pence’s visit to the Mayo Clinic.

Pence at Mayo Clinic

I’ll leave it up to Mainstream to indicate exactly where in the video the sign is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    And I disagree with the premise that nature does not care if you as an individual lives or dies...it surely does..that is why it hard wired survival mechanisms into our DNA and at EVERY LEVEL of biological organization ...what do you think SEX is the will to survive ...

Nature wants us exposed to germs that how the immune system works ..use it or lose it...that is our biological defense system against viruses...the answer is not limiting our exposure to germs but strengthening our immunity..and I am not suggesting we rub Ebola on ourselves...I am just saying that long term wearing of masks is gonna have negative consequences...just wait and see
    Why would evolution “care” if you lived a day after raising viable offspring?

By what mechanism will wearing masks cause negative consequences? Do you believe that training, nutrition/supplements, and/or medical treatment can ever prolong or improve quality of life? Isn’t that unnatural?

He’s tested on a regular basis he doesn’t have the covid 19 so a mask isn’t accomplishing a thing

Fuck politico it’s fake news period

It is apparent to me that Sharonne Hayes, M.D., medical director of the Mayo Clinic Office for Diversity and Inclusion, and Bobbie S. Gostout, M.D., President Mayo Clinic Health System, should be fired immediately for this oversight.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It is apparent to me that Sharonne Hayes, M.D., medical director of the Mayo Clinic Office for Diversity and Inclusion, and Bobbie S. Gostout, M.D., President Mayo Clinic Health System, should be fired immediately for this oversight.
    I think everyone who works in an "office for diversity and inclusion" should have their position terminated.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast