starting strength gym
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pence refuses to wear face mask at Mayo clinic....WTF?!!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Why would evolution “care” if you lived a day after raising viable offspring?

By what mechanism will wearing masks cause negative consequences? Do you believe that training, nutrition/supplements, and/or medical treatment can ever prolong or improve quality of life? Isn’t that unnatural?
    I read once that a possible reason why people live so long after reproducing age is because it became important for grandparents to look after grandchildren while the generation in between carried out physically demanding work unhindered by looking after children. No idea where I read it, it’s just something in my head that will come out when talking shite at the pub when beer makes me an expert in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    I believe long term and chronic use of masks will inhibit full removal of CO2 which will have consequences , some obvious, some unforeseen....we now have plenty of guinea pigs so we should know shortly....it might have both acute effects like people falling asleep and accidents to chronic like lung and heart disease...and unforeseen, say it raises the temperature of our oral and nasal passages making us more susceptible to bacterial overgrowth and its effects like tooth decay...or more sinus infections...Idk but it will be something
    The buildup of CO2 is possible, depending on the type of mask, and is easily testable. You don’t have to do this experiment with people as guinea pigs, you can use actual guinea pigs. Or, you can breathe into a plastic bag For a few minutes and see how you feel when your CO2 rises, and compare that with how you feel wearing a surgical mask for 8 hours. I can tell you that the effects of the mask on CO2 are negligible.

Raising the temperature of inhaled air happens all the time, due to weather and HVAC.

Evolution works by random mutations and errors being thrown at the wall, and seeing whether new traits stick and are passed on more or less than others. To assume that everyone alive right now is an optimal survival machine, honed by evolution, is a mistake. Yes, we have drives to survive and a cellular machinery to support that. But that doesn’t mean that coming up with modifications, like clothing (of which masks are an example) is unnatural and counterproductive to survival.

With all the “unnatural” developments of civilization, why has our life expectancy increased substantially over the past 200 years?

The other day at the Whitehouse briefing the four bigwigs from Walgreen's, CVS, Quest and Labcorp were at the podium to be thanked for the wonderful job their gonna do for us. ( I'm sure at a nice price), not a mask in sight. No social distancing or gloves either. Meanwhile the food store,I frequent had a sign on the door today, all patrons must wear a mask by order of the Fire Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by bikesandcars View Post
    You guys are so funny, you act like they don't get tested and everyone near them doesn't get tested and/or they don't already have the vaccine.

They are the ruling class, they have access to whatever care they need and they know more than we know. Take their cue (but maybe at your peril because we really DON'T know what they know).

If we had a vaccine who do you think gets it first?? Do you think they are going to tell everyone about it?
    Based on the president's recent poll numbers, not to mention his inability to filter his comments, if he had a vaccine, I imagine he'd be telling the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    I believe long term and chronic use of masks will inhibit full removal of CO2 which will have consequences , some obvious, some unforeseen....we now have plenty of guinea pigs so we should know shortly....it might have both acute effects like people falling asleep and accidents to chronic like lung and heart disease...and unforeseen, say it raises the temperature of our oral and nasal passages making us more susceptible to bacterial overgrowth and its effects like tooth decay...or more sinus infections...Idk but it will be something
    Surprising we haven't seen any indication of this in populations that already wear masks occupationally: doctors and nurses, auto body shop workers, painters, woodworkers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Do you think that only liberals are influenced by the liberal media? Where you once a young person with no political affiliation that heard things on the news and thought they were true?
    This day in age, yes, liberals are the only ones who believe the news. No, I made a fair indictment of the evil of Bolshevism at a very young age.

Get it through your mind that liberals and undecideds are not influenced by dialectic, fact-based discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Your use of ellipsis is interesting...
    His use of ellipsis is laziness.

Doctors and nurses use TO USE masks correctly..and probably those other groups as well, they have them on for a specific reason and them TAKE THEM OFF as soon as that reason is over...they then THROW IT AWAY.....and put a NEW one on when the next reason comes...they dont walk around all day with masks...EXCEPT NOW DURING THIS MASS HYSTERIA...so it a big difference in how they are being used

Quote Originally Posted by Vek View Post
    This day in age, yes, liberals are the only ones who believe the news. No, I made a fair indictment of the evil of Bolshevism at a very young age.

Get it through your mind that liberals and undecideds are not influenced by dialectic, fact-based discussion.
    Young, impressionable voters are influenced by all sorts of whimsy and bad press for not wearing a face mask at the mayo clinic is enough to lose a vote. He should know better.

You are aware that fox news is reporting this as well, right?

Fox News is not what you think it is, not anymore.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    The buildup of CO2 is possible, depending on the type of mask, and is easily testable. You don’t have to do this experiment with people as guinea pigs, you can use actual guinea pigs. Or, you can breathe into a plastic bag For a few minutes and see how you feel when your CO2 rises, and compare that with how you feel wearing a surgical mask for 8 hours. I can tell you that the effects of the mask on CO2 are negligible.

Raising the temperature of inhaled air happens all the time, due to weather and HVAC.

Evolution works by random mutations and errors being thrown at the wall, and seeing whether new traits stick and are passed on more or less than others. To assume that everyone alive right now is an optimal survival machine, honed by evolution, is a mistake. Yes, we have drives to survive and a cellular machinery to support that. But that doesn’t mean that coming up with modifications, like clothing (of which masks are an example) is unnatural and counterproductive to survival.

With all the “unnatural” developments of civilization, why has our life expectancy increased substantially over the past 200 years?
    Currently many pockets of humans who live more close to Nature like the Okinawans, the Caucasus Mountain people, and the like who don't have much interface with Modern civilization or modern health care live long and lets not confound people living long with something killing them, especially if that something is a direct result of modern living....so the reason people are living longer is because we are getting better at living in a modern industrialized urbanized polluted society...we are constantly tweaking some of the gross mishaps of human civilization...and we have eliminated some of the direct causes of things that killed humans in the past...just because a caveman got eaten by a saber tooth tiger in his 20's...does not mean his body was not designed to live 120 years...and just because we wiped out polio does not mean civilization did not cause it to begin with....so there is a lot of confounding factors in that statement but that doesnt change the fact that a healthy human could have lived easily to a 100 years old, pre-civilization ,and had lower years of morbidity that his modern counterpart and that modern society isnt detrimental to health and longevity

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast