starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pence refuses to wear face mask at Mayo clinic....WTF?!!

Default Mike Pence refuses to wear face mask at Mayo clinic....WTF?!!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    He is the HEAD of OUR Nation's Coronavirus task force, meeting at a World-Renowned CANCER center. C-a-n-c-e-r , cancer, as in people most at risk from coronavirus AND it appears he is also touring the hospital section not just some meet and greet with staff!!??

Is it bravado, machismo, or disregard? An Alpha message that " I am not wearing one and no one here can make me !"

A personal decision or a calculated public statement....or is it just that Donald Trump does not wear one and so neither do I his MOST faithful leigeman....or is it yes because of Trump's belief that its not leader- like and sends the message of vulnerability and weakness..

But the MAYO clinic...I think even Rip would wear one at the freaking MAYO CLINIC....lol

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Link?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1255225807506567168

NBC is reporting this, you know. What is the whole story?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Link?
    Take your pick

I know people all have their preferred outlets so I'm not going to choose, but I was curious so figured I might as well post it since I was already Googling away anyways. I'm not generally a fan of "gotcha journalism," which this kind of smelled like to me, but I was interested in this because I've been musing about the differences between Sweden's response vs. that of other countries. After reading this article this article in the other thread, I was just interested in the theory that the reason Sweden was willing to take such a different response is because Swedes trusted their government to give them good advice, and the government trusted Swedes to take it.

It just seems like if we're not in favour of top down policies, and are advocating trusting individuals to make decisions to manage the risk to themselves, and by extension others, then maybe there should at least be some top down example setting. I'm not saying Trump should be giving press conferences with a mask on, but Pence is supposedly heading up the task force, and he's in a bloody hospital... Not a great look in my opinion.

He probably gets tested for it constantly, for one.

I noticed they weren't wearing them during the press conferences as well. If the White House staff isn't worried about wearing masks while a bunch of reporters yell and spit questions at them, it makes me wonder if masks really do anything.

Fearless Leader DeWine also has not worn a mask for his press conferences, at the same time his administration announced that mask wearing is key for reopening Ohio.

Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago realized that social distancing, staying at home, and good hygiene were so important she went and got her haircut days after putting her community under house arrest.

Watch what people do, not what they say.

Dan Diamond leftist reporter for politico

That’s all you need to know

Well he did do it...so it doesn't matter who reported it...now how you spin it...thats political....

I am not really sold on masks...yes, I see how , IN THEORY, they would prevent or at least reduce infected water vapor and droplets coming from an infected person as well as be a barrier for a healthy person to breathe in infected vapor and droplets...totally understand

However, even my humble peek at the study of biology and human anatomy I learned that NATURE knows what the fuck its doing even when we don't and so I am very cautious to add man- made " improvements" to millions of years of evolution....surely our breathing apparatus and structures were designed for the free interchange of atmospheric gases and nature does not want obstructions to that interchange for a reason ....and since health is the one of the primary objective of survival and viruses and bacteria, etc...have been around for billions of years surely nature factored those little fuckers into the equation of respiration and has outfitted us with natural defenses against the buggers and BLOCKING that free interchange of gases will definitely have a negative effect and may actually make us sick and not keep us well

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    However, even my humble peek at the study of biology and human anatomy I learned that NATURE knows what the fuck its doing even when we don't and so I am very cautious to add man- made " improvements" to millions of years of evolution....surely our breathing apparatus and structures were designed for the free interchange of atmospheric gases and nature does not want obstructions to that interchange for a reason ....and since health is the one of the primary objective of survival and viruses and bacteria, etc...have been around for billions of years surely nature factored those little fuckers into the equation of respiration and has outfitted us with natural defenses against the buggers and BLOCKING that free interchange of gases will definitely have a negative effect and may actually make us sick and not keep us well
    That's your reason? Nature knows what it's doing?

I'd rather argue that wearing a stupid mask is unneccessary when you keep a little distance and wash your hands and don't let yourself be coughed in the face by strangers. A mask may make some people act stupid if they feel safe from infections. Other than that, they are uncomfortable and useless at best.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast