starting strength gym

Thread: The Athlete, The Patient, The Training Log, And a Modest Proposal | Jonathon Sullivan

Default The Athlete, The Patient, The Training Log, And a Modest Proposal | Jonathon Sullivan

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    "I have a modest proposal for all of you applied physiologists out there. If you all do it, perhaps we can begin, slowly but inexorably, to bring about a much-needed change in the modern medical mind.

The next time you go to see your primary care physician, bring a copy of your training log."

Read article

Couldn't agree more!
    The focus in medicine on some parameters and completely ignoring others is crazy.
    I have Psoriatric arthritis and the recommended "exercise" routine was: "less weight, more reps".
    Guess what: SS is right - older people (I am 46) do not respond well to too much volume. It actually makes the Arthritis worse! Meaning it takes 3-4 days to recover from it.
    3 sets of 5 however feel great! Still takes 2 days to recover, but I feel much much better overall and my numbers (meaning pounds lifted) go up.
    I will definitely mention my starting numbers and the progress I have made when I have my next appointment.