We Will Not Comply | Ray Gillenwater We Will Not Comply | Ray Gillenwater - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: We Will Not Comply | Ray Gillenwater

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    465

    Default

    • texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Thank you, Ray.



    Closing indefinitely is the best way to grow a business.
    Well. i'm not talking about one gym..........they are trying to sell a few dozen franchises. Not sure someone wants to sink a bunch of money in a business where the leadership is out in front advocating for breaking the law. Maybe there's a way to be compliant with local regulations AND re-open?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I'd agree with your argument except it presupposes that the case-mortality rate in a population is a constant and not influenced by the concentration of active viral particles in the local environment.

    I am currently dragging through the demographic & infection data for all 3142 US counties. It looks like the case fatality rate is indeed affected by population density, which in turn points to the viral load in the community environment.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnyperX View Post
    So does Mark have a degree in virology and epidemiology? Asking for a friend. Also, its not about "you" its about protecting everyone else (like my Father with diabetes). Just because you are asymptomatic, doesn't mean my Father doesn't catch it and ends up dying from it.
    Your father can stay home and isolate, and you can too if you’re worried about infecting him. The rest of us have to get back to life though.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Grichens, I *think* Justin Hart (@justin_hart) on Twitter has done this. Got to search his timeline but it's there.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    no offense, but trying to grow a business based on aggressive non-compliance with the law may not be the best idea.
    Good thing it's not laws they're refusing to comply with.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnyperX View Post
    So does Mark have a degree in virology and epidemiology? Asking for a friend. Also, its not about "you" its about protecting everyone else (like my Father with diabetes). Just because you are asymptomatic, doesn't mean my Father doesn't catch it and ends up dying from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    Nick, what you said and what I said are not contradictory. I'm not addressing the rightness or wrongness of the quarantine ordinances. All I'm saying, is its tough to build out a business by sticking your finger in the eye of big government.

    What about getting together with some doctors and epidemiologists and coming up with formal protocols? I'm sure there are plenty of qualified people that are part of this group. Then you bring that to the big bullies downtown, appease them and maybe get them to work with you.
    Thanks guys, I needed a laugh today.


    Good stuff, Ray. People like you are the ones who are going to reopen the country, not goons like the above-quoted.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnyperX View Post
    So does Mark have a degree in virology and epidemiology? Asking for a friend. Also, its not about "you" its about protecting everyone else (like my Father with diabetes). Just because you are asymptomatic, doesn't mean my Father doesn't catch it and ends up dying from it.
    Maybe your father should, voluntarily, stay in if he is high risk?

  8. #18
    Ray Gillenwater's Avatar
    Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    no offense, but trying to grow a business based on aggressive non-compliance with the law may not be the best idea.
    What is the best idea? If you have run a company and had to analyze difficult trade-offs, I'd be interested to hear your view of our situation, our options, and the potential pros/cons of those options.

    If you have never started a company and haven't had employees and partners depend on you, we can continue this discussion but it will be purely theoretical on your part. It will be similar to having a discussion with your marathoner friend about his firm opinion on lifting weights.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Ray, what's your email address? Thanks.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Suppose there is a second breakout of corona being that we don't even have close to all the facts on the virus at the juncture and it does end up being more deadly than we believe it to be at this point. Are you going to keep the gym open in that circumstance like the band members who kept playing when the Titanic was sinking?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •