starting strength gym
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We Will Not Comply | Ray Gillenwater

Default We Will Not Comply | Ray Gillenwater

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "A society is a living organism whose survival depends on productivity. Production and the exchange of goods and services is what facilitates the continuity of any large group of people. It has been this way since the beginning of our species and this law of nature persists in its currently extrapolated form whether or not we acknowledge it. If a society’s lifeblood is blocked, even partially, then we are collectively having a stroke."

"[Q]uestions like, 'How do we stop COVID-19 deaths at any cost?' are...extraordinarily short-sighted. 'Any cost' implies that an unlimited budget exists, and it most certainly does not."

Read article

no offense, but trying to grow a business based on aggressive non-compliance with the law may not be the best idea.

Ballsy. I like it.

Bravo.

Well stated and reasoned.

sb

Very well said!

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

I’ve had many people say to me, “When this situation is over, I’ll”...[insert whatever activity they’re currently refraining from].

What so few realize is that the only real way for this “situation” to be over is for people to take ownership of their own sovereignty and decide to continue living again. We weren’t made to isolate and we’ve shared the earth with viruses and microbes from the very beginning. Some people are at risk and precautions should be made - at that given person’s discretion, not forced on the populace as a blanket policy.

Training for strength is the best way to ensure survivability. Like it or not, it helps mitigate the comorbidities (many of which are self inflicted) that put people at risk of the effects of COVID-19. “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general.” - Mark Rippetoe. This has never been more true than now.

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    no offense, but trying to grow a business based on aggressive non-compliance with the law may not be the best idea.
    There is a difference between laws passed through a legislative process that we've all agreed to abide by and unconstitutional local ordinances passed by fiat. And that difference matters quite a bit.

Thank you, Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    Closing indefinitely is the best way to grow a business.

So does Mark have a degree in virology and epidemiology? Asking for a friend. Also, its not about "you" its about protecting everyone else (like my Father with diabetes). Just because you are asymptomatic, doesn't mean my Father doesn't catch it and ends up dying from it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    There is a difference between laws passed through a legislative process that we've all agreed to abide by and unconstitutional local ordinances passed by fiat. And that difference matters quite a bit.
    Nick, what you said and what I said are not contradictory. I'm not addressing the rightness or wrongness of the quarantine ordinances. All I'm saying, is its tough to build out a business by sticking your finger in the eye of big government.

What about getting together with some doctors and epidemiologists and coming up with formal protocols? I'm sure there are plenty of qualified people that are part of this group. Then you bring that to the big bullies downtown, appease them and maybe get them to work with you.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast