starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling discouraged. Need direction

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Z View Post
    Thank you Robert. I will increase my carbohydrates as you suggest. As I said before it's been a challenge to get in much above 200g. Do you have any recommendations for good carb sources I can use to hit that goal? A couple cups of white rice maybe.
    Since Friday I had been getting to 300g of protein with the help of protein supplements. Maybe I could get a meal replacement supplement with higher carbs? Maybe have something you recommend in your nutrition section, I'll go check

I'll throw on sweats next time I deadlift and be sure to get my hips up. Those are things I can fix. To be honest I was worried if my hips had been too high (I had been told this in the past), so I am glad to hear they are not because I am quite certain that my hips coming up in the lift will be less of an issue if not a non-issue if my back is set at the start with my hips a little higher. Actually pretty excited to try that the next time I train the deadlift! Thank you very much for the advice!

You are welcome. The easiest sources are rice, potatoes, pasta, fruits, cereals and then adding dextrose to your post-workout protein shake. Post up your next deadlift, you have been leaving weight on the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    I think I misunderstood your earlier posts and now I'm a little confused...are you trying to gain more weight or not gain more weight at this point? I don't ask because I have anything to offer, I ask because it puts Roberts answers into context for me. Thanks.
    He gained weight and stopped adding weight to the bar. He was getting calories but undereating carbohydrates. I suspect this will sort itself out if he follows my instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    He gained weight and stopped adding weight to the bar. He was getting calories but undereating carbohydrates. I suspect this will sort itself out if he follows my instructions.
    Gotcha. Thanks. I try to keep up on your advice to others as it has been beneficial to me as well. And I REALLY like that you're not a "gaining weight is always the answer" proponent as seems to be the norm around here.

You are welcome. Glad you are learning some things.

You are welcome. Glad you are learning some things.
    I'm trying but I'm pretty dumb. But at least I'm smart enough to know it. I figure that puts me ahead of a lot of people.

Brain linear progressions are possible

wow, Robert was not kidding. I squatted my planned 308 today and it felt great by comparison to last Friday's debacle. I had been getting right around 300g+/- of carbs the last few days. There was a tub of cornstarch I had on hand which made it pretty easy to hit the number. I have been feeling a bit lethargic from all the eating, but MAN once I got under the bar I felt like a freight train. I seem to be back on track. Thank you thank you!! My next DL comes up on Monday, I will post it when I do it.

...now I just need to get a good pair of lifting shoes and help with my form issues.

Brain linear progressions are possible
    Sets of 5, I'm assuming?

Quote Originally Posted by VincePIC View Post
    In my world, this is a miracle.
    I second that and question whether those "children" are human or canine! 😂😭

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Z View Post
    wow, Robert was not kidding. I squatted my planned 308 today and it felt great by comparison to last Friday's debacle. I had been getting right around 300g+/- of carbs the last few days. There was a tub of cornstarch I had on hand which made it pretty easy to hit the number. I have been feeling a bit lethargic from all the eating, but MAN once I got under the bar I felt like a freight train. I seem to be back on track. Thank you thank you!! My next DL comes up on Monday, I will post it when I do it.

...now I just need to get a good pair of lifting shoes and help with my form issues.
    Imagine that. Keep us posted.

starting strength coach development program
    Do you squat exactly to parallel or below parallel?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast