starting strength gym

Thread: Rip’s Rant and Getting Back in the Gym After House Arrest | Starting Strength Radio #

Default Rip’s Rant and Getting Back in the Gym After House Arrest | Starting Strength Radio #

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mark Rippetoe discusses the proper way to get back into training after a 2-3 month house arrest layoff.

Transcript & Timestamps

Thanks for this! I've been re-reading PPST and SSBBT during the layoff to have a plan ready for when I get back and this podcast gave me a lot more to work with.

Damn, that was great and it was timely! I started back and made all the mistakes you outlined. Along with detraining, I had lost weight, and consequently strength, but had assigned that effect to "just getting too old (67)". Got real sore, felt depressed, recovered slowly, came back and made the same mistake, reinforcing the "too old" conclusion. Rip, I'd recommend you put "MUST LISTEN" on this recording and keep it at the top of the list for the next month or two. Probably a high percentage of us falling into the same trap right now. And thanks for never failing to deliver timely wisdom!

I want to add to my previous comment. With this new mindset, yesterday's workout at+5lbs from the one that left me thinking I was getting old and decrepit, instead had me thinking I was a badass athlete making a comeback, smart enough to avoid overworking it.