starting strength gym

Thread: Stress | Mark Rippetoe

Default Stress | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "In These Trying Times, every sentient individual is under at least a little more psychological stress that normal. I'm not sleeping well, and my assumption is that no responsible adult is. Psychological stress is the obvious result of shitty situations we believe we have no control over[.]"

Read article

"Many of us owe our sanity and continued existence to the barbell" Facts.

This article really hit home to me. I lost my wife 10 years ago. Dot the two preceding years it was as series of Dr. and hospital stays including a month in ICU due.to swine flu. It sure took my interest in lifting away.
    After my wife passed it was about 5 years that I didn't even touch my weights. Then my son sent me something about a visit of Rip to Dr.Kens. My son was at that time training at Docs garage. I read about Rips Starting Strength, joined the website and got the.books. I'm glad I did . I've been training pretty steady since then. I may have not made much progress but for sure I slowed down the regression.
    Looking back I should have kept doing something even when I was stressed to the max.

Your distinction between "situation" and "problem" is very important. Historically, a common set of "situations" have always existed, probably to about the same extent as today. The problem is that some people periodically focus on one situation or another, redefine it as a "problem", and gin up a measure of stress in the rest of us while they attempt to solve the "problem".
    One of the biggest problems we face today is the longing for equality of outcome. The solution is understanding the distinction between a "situation" and a "problem".

From the distinction between situation and problem, to the adequate description of the physical mal-effects of stress, to the explanation why training helps the body to deal with the physical effects of stress, this article is a gold nugget and I am glad you reposted it.