starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assistance exercises to help set back for deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Awesome, these are perfect. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks1019 View Post
    Yes, I saw a coach and got straightened out. Even saw him again to reinforce. Issue is that when I set my back, it barely looks like I’m doing anything. I think this is lack of flexibility....so wondering what I can do to further improve. But will keep deadlifting and will keep seeing the coach.
    It's been written about several times that setting the low back may not be as visually apparent on some people. Men with larger midsections or larger erector muscles actually tend to just look flat backed when they set the back correctly. Keep that in mind if you're self-examining your lifts.

starting strength coach development program
    In SS the advice about laying on the floor face down and lifting your thighs off the floor using only your back/glute muscles helped me learn what it felt like.

I also have benefited from doing sets of cable pushdowns between warmup sets of deadlifts, to get them activated and to remind myself what it feels like when lats are "tucked into your back pockets". Now I'm at home and don't have a cable machine, but you can get the same effect from wrapping a band around the upright of your rack at eye height, bending over at the waist, and pulling the band down and back toward your butt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12