starting strength gym

Thread: Fused ankle lifting shoes

Default Fused ankle lifting shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’m in the final recovery phase of having my right ankle fused. Typical fusion; marrow transplant to induce bone growth with steel plate and lotsa screws. Major joint locked at 90 deg. I should get the doc’s release for “normal” activities mid-August. I’m looking at starting the NLP.

Understanding my range of motion (rom) will be decreased, I’m looking at purchasing a pair of lifting shoes. Are there any thoughts on determining an optimum heel lift height?
    Get a 5/8”-3/4” heel and go with whatever rom I get? Sequentially add wedges to find optimum height to get required rom? Something else? What is the usual limit on max heel height before you start falling forward too much?

How far your knee needs to travel forward will depend on your body proportions and the type of squat you are doing. If you are low-bar squatting you won't need as much forward knee travel (as a high bar squat). I would try and successively add some wood pieces and experiment on your own to figure out the right height before you go and buy a shoe.