Quote Originally Posted by jklunder View Post
Actually, I would get a second opinion.

1. The reference ranges are well-tested. Even on sick people, people who require additional areas, etc. then the reference ranges still work.

It is the alternative medicine people, usually with ulterior motives, that suggest that if you are low on the reference range, you are somehow still sick, just do not know it.

2. The real measure is not testosterone, but LH. If LH was high, it meant that your body was trying to up the production of testosterone, but failing.

My testosterone is in that range. But, I have had above average strength, am aggressive, etc.

It is possible that you have sufficient testosterone, but whatever testosterone you are producing is being uptaken and used.

Conversely, someone could have a high level, such 800. Over time, this would be detrimental, as the body could not uptake it all, hence causing all the problems with too many androgens (baldness, heart problems, etc.). In general, African and African Americans have higher testosterone than Asians. Indeed, they go through puberty faster than Asians, etc. When we combine, genetics, diet, lifestyle, etc. who lives longer and has healthier hearts and other cardiovascular systems?

3. Of course, report any other symptoms. If you were older, say 60, and had severe sexual side effects, etc. then testosterone gel or injections could help. But, otherwise, I think there are other reasons for less than normal strength and muscle tone.
LH is not necessarily the measure. My 170 testosterone test was accompanied by normal LH and FSH. At the same time, I'm probably stronger than the "average" person, and was also that strong when I tested 170. You can get stronger even with low T. I have a feeling fixing the low T though will help you recover better though.