starting strength gym

Thread: Will not heavy squatting limit Deadlift progression?

Default Will not heavy squatting limit Deadlift progression?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Due to COVID I can only squat what I can clean but I can deadlift.

Will linear progression on deadlift be impacted by the reduced training on squats? Either negatively (because strength increases in squat would benefit the deadlift) or positively (less fatigued)

Trying to understand whether I can still expect to add 5 or 10lbs each workout using light squatting and heavy DLing

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid View Post
    Due to COVID I can only squat what I can clean but I can deadlift.

Will linear progression on deadlift be impacted by the reduced training on squats? Either negatively (because strength increases in squat would benefit the deadlift) or positively (less fatigued)

Trying to understand whether I can still expect to add 5 or 10lbs each workout using light squatting and heavy DLing
    Build a squat stand. 2x4s, nails, two buckets, and put concrete in the buckets with 2x4s. Problem solved. Check the equipment sub-forum for other ideas.

I got pissed off at my patellar tendinitis last year and went through a period where I stopped squatting entirely and made very good progress on my deadlift. I was a late novice and ended up going to a hlm type split for pulling, but I have never had problems pulling a lot of volume in the past, where some people do. I’m no coach, but more an antidotal account, and it wasn’t the end of the world for me.

A different way to look at the problem. I have a Rogue Rack on order. Could be sometime though...