starting strength gym

Thread: Becoming a Lifter: The Boogaloo Bertha Story | Nick Delgadillo

Default Becoming a Lifter: The Boogaloo Bertha Story | Nick Delgadillo

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "Bre Hillen, also known as Boogaloo Bertha, walked into WFAC nearly 4 years ago a damaged, weak, and skinny CrossFitter. I started helping her with her programming in November of 2017 after she had already been in the gym for a while, and have been working with her since..."

Read article

So cool!

Great article! Bre is my inspiration and has become my buddy. Boogaloo Bertha? She would be one to reckon with.

Why is the pulling PR for Rack Pull and not a full blown DL? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Why is the pulling PR for Rack Pull and not a full blown DL? Just curious.
    Because her heavy pulls are rack pulls and so far she has refused to sign up for a meet. She pulls off the floor every week, just not for her heaviest pulls. She’s pulled a 315 deadlift, just for the hell of it, but that was a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Because her heavy pulls are rack pulls and so far she has refused to sign up for a meet. She pulls off the floor every week, just not for her heaviest pulls. She’s pulled a 315 deadlift, just for the hell of it, but that was a while ago.
    i assume this is part of the intermediate protocol (racks vs floor), right?

<<I'm still in NLP and...to be honest, I've not read ahead since I'm old and weak (have the old man book, and the out of date blue book.....) Pete T is my coach and will be engaging with him shortly to work on programming, since LP is coming close to an end for me.>>

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    i assume this is part of the intermediate protocol (racks vs floor), right?

<<I'm still in NLP and...to be honest, I've not read ahead since I'm old and weak (have the old man book, and the out of date blue book.....) Pete T is my coach and will be engaging with him shortly to work on programming, since LP is coming close to an end for me.>>
    It always depends, but generally my people go to rack pulls for heavy pull day at some point when their training has progressed far enough along that heavy deadlifts from the floor interfere with the rest of the program. Rack pulls can be done really heavy without tearing people up too much.