starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegans Have Great Form! | Jarrod Schaefer

Default Vegans Have Great Form! | Jarrod Schaefer

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Listen in on part of a recorded conversation from a Lockdown Zoom Meeting with Starting Strength Gym Coaches and owners during the Great New American House Arrest of April 2020. Jarrod Schaefer, Starting Strength Austin Head Coach, describes his experience working with vegetarians and vegans.

Ray, where were you?

All that cattle in Texas and there's plant people that won't partake in the yummy bovines. It is Austin I guess.

Except for the internet access, it doesn’t look homey.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Ray, where were you?
    My home office - that was a Zoom background =]

Next time Ray, lets see you sitting in the middle of a squat rack like Jarrod! Ha ha.

As for non-meat eaters in Austin, I'm sure I heard Rip say recently that Austin was basically California, so I guess that would explain it? I'll leave it to you Texans and Californians to argue that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    My home office - that was a Zoom background =]
    That's what I'd say.

Any time I hear something about Austin I think of this short clip:

Bernie (2/12) Movie CLIP - The Five States of Texas (2011) HD - YouTube

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    As for non-meat eaters in Austin, I'm sure I heard Rip say recently that Austin was basically California, so I guess that would explain it? I'll leave it to you Texans and Californians to argue that one.
    California is a wonderful place, the cities of LA, San Francisco, and San Diego notwithstanding, that is run by people that have a very loose grip on reality and comically backwards priorities. It’s not quite as amusing now that the state has implemented Maoist policies that affect nearly every aspect of our daily lives.

Austin is a wonderful place, also run by people that govern based on their impression of the world and how they believe things should be, with complete disregard for externalities and unintended consequences. Their “progressive” policies have resulted in things like homelessness camps and the complete inability to open a business on schedule. No shit, the city government is so broken that our General Contractor indicated to us that it is quite literally impossible to stick to an opening schedule. Even a brand like Urban Outfitters and their team of lawyers couldn’t compel city officials to do their jobs and approve the permits required to open on time.

It seems to me that people from LA and San Francisco move to places like Austin to escape rampant crime, homelessness, and an exploding cost of living and then vote exactly the same way they did back home - without making the causal connection. This is one of the main reasons why Californians are so thoroughly resented in less ridiculous parts of the country. There are 40M of us, that will soon be resented even more, by more people, once the mass Covid exodus begins. It’s already started - even Joe Rogan (the podcast guy that won’t leave Rip alone) is headed to Austin to escape this regime.

starting strength coach development program
    Can any meaningful delineations be made, in your experience as SSC's, between vegans and vegetarians (=milk, eggs, etc. OK) in regards to the protein intake in their diets?
    Has it seemed like the eggs and milk have gotten the vegetarians enough protein for them to be successful on the program?
    In other words, are you all just throwing the baby out with the bathwater when lumping vegetarians in with the vegans?
    Asking for a friend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast