starting strength gym

Thread: How Do you Know That? | Jonathon Sullivan

Default How Do you Know That? | Jonathon Sullivan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dr. Jonathon Sullivan, SSC talks about the persistent silliness coming from healthcare professionals and the need for you to be armed with your own information.

I disagree, you should NEVER lift heavy. Just lift 5lb more than last time. I might patent that system before anyone else does....

5lbs-4-life

Thanks for that, Sully!

It's that time for my annual physical with my doc. She loves writing 'scripts. I can only imagine what she's going to "discover" this year. It's to the point that I walk in the door with my binder of past results, plus spreadsheets of stats, just to keep her in line. I'm more stubborn than her, so it's just a matter of time before she fires me.

As much as possible, we have to try to firstly, live by the concept of preventive medicine. That is to say, we must live lifestyles that encourage the health and wellbeing of our bodies and minds (the second is becoming far more difficult than the first!) so that illness can't have a home. This mean avoiding certain unhealthy foodstuffs, making sure we're getting enough of the right macro nutrients in the right balance, as well as an adequate supply of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. My must use our bodies for what they are designed for: hard work. Function follows form et vice versa.

Secondly, we must try to educate ourselves on A) what are the magnets for 'dis-ease' and ill-health, and B) non-disruptive self-treatment, if required. The difficulty for many people is learning to be discerning enough to separate the viable from the nonsense on the internet. I think a grounding in human biology can help with that. A medical dictionary is also a good thing to have in the home. I like this website for much of my non-training related health advice: Mercola.com - #1 Natural Health Website . Mercola's advice helped my woman have two perfect labours and two very healthy children.

On the first question, i recommend the (sadly very rare) book How To Rear Leaders: A Quest of Human Quality by Anthony M. Ludovici (he of Nietzschean fame) for deeper understanding.

Nothing that needs to be said that hasn't been said on Sully's message, but did anyone enjoy the doctor expression pic as much as I did? My wife was asking, from the upstairs, what was so funny, because I was laughing so loud.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan75 View Post
    Nothing that needs to be said that hasn't been said on Sully's message, but did anyone enjoy the doctor expression pic as much as I did? My wife was asking, from the upstairs, what was so funny, because I was laughing so loud.
    I showed my wife the video and she burst out laughing at that spot.