starting strength gym

Thread: Q&A Episode - Deep Dive into Some Logic | Starting Strength Radio #69

Default Q&A Episode - Deep Dive into Some Logic | Starting Strength Radio #69

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mark Rippetoe answers fan questions and addresses the Comments from the Haters.

There was a mentioning of some people not being able to hinge at hips. This is true. And they are called dead people.🥳

Default Starting Strength Debunked?

Hi Mark,

Been a regular listener of the podcast since March 2020. Love the show. Been waiting for the right time to send you a message. Then Friday Aug 14, 2020 comes and a member of the bottom half of the one half percenters came through! This individual claims Starting Strength has been debunked. I am a 41 year old man and have been using Starting Strength for 5 months. My first week of training was the first week of March 2020. Lets use myself as an example of just how debunked Starting Strength is:

Starting squat 135lbs...Squat now is 445lbs
    Starting Bench 125lbs...Bench now 245lbs
    Starting Press 75lbs...Press now 175lbs
    Starting Deadlift 225lbs...Deadlift now 460lbs

Before I started lifting I weighed 238lbs of nonmuscle. I am about 5'11" and now weigh 253lbs. I could stand to lose some fat weight however, Im gaining more fat than muscle.

I cant say enough about the wonders of Starting Strength. Thank you so much, Mark.

Sincerely,
    Steve Milos

That's good, Steve. Fucking bottom-end motherfuckers can eat a big plate of shit.

I'm really looking for a good coffee mug, anyone have a recommendation?

Your squat went from 135 to 445? In 5 months? What is your athletic background, if you don't mind me asking.

I'm 45, started at maybe 105,3 months ago, not missed a workout, have a SS coach, and I'm at 220 for a set of 3 squats. Former endurance athlete. I was pleased with my steady progress..... Until I saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by smilos View Post
    Hi Mark,

Been a regular listener of the podcast since March 2020. Love the show. Been waiting for the right time to send you a message. Then Friday Aug 14, 2020 comes and a member of the bottom half of the one half percenters came through! This individual claims Starting Strength has been debunked. I am a 41 year old man and have been using Starting Strength for 5 months. My first week of training was the first week of March 2020. Lets use myself as an example of just how debunked Starting Strength is:

Starting squat 135lbs...Squat now is 445lbs
    Starting Bench 125lbs...Bench now 245lbs
    Starting Press 75lbs...Press now 175lbs
    Starting Deadlift 225lbs...Deadlift now 460lbs

Before I started lifting I weighed 238lbs of nonmuscle. I am about 5'11" and now weigh 253lbs. I could stand to lose some fat weight however, Im gaining more fat than muscle.

I cant say enough about the wonders of Starting Strength. Thank you so much, Mark.

Sincerely,
    Steve Milos

starting strength coach development program
    I played basketball growing up. Never had any formal weighttraining. Until 5 months ago. Honestly, Im surprised at my progress. In fact, yesterday I hit a 1 rep heavy single at 470.