starting strength gym

Thread: Confronting Meaninglessness: Become the Mammal You Were Born to Be | Daniel Oakes

Default Confronting Meaninglessness: Become the Mammal You Were Born to Be | Daniel Oakes

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "Everything can seem overwhelmingly pointless.

This is where I think Starting Strength makes a difference and can help anyone with similar existential feelings."

Read article

It’s like someone took all my thoughts on my never ending existential crisis and how Starting Strength has had an impact on that and wrote them all down for me. Thanks for this.

Pick that thing up and put it back down.

I feel better now.

In addition to learning that lifters find a spotter in Hitchens — and Aurelius, as Daniel's written before — I'm reminded that we also find one in the "adorable genius" William James. There are many parallels between SS and James's essays on Habit and Happiness, to name a couple.

Thanks for the thoughtful article.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    "Everything can seem overwhelmingly pointless.

This is where I think Starting Strength makes a difference and can help anyone with similar existential feelings."

Read article
    Yeah this whole lockdown and rutting times we're in got me feeling' pretty small. But what I do is SS and make music:

If You Never Broke My Heart - YouTube
    Mansions of the Soul - YouTube

Big Texas Mike

Mike, you're not any better at this than I am. I wouldn't post any more music videos if I were you.

Great read. Here's an a propos piece that fans of this article might enjoy. Do mind the source, the guy is just a great writer.

Opinion | The Summer That Never Was - The New York Times

Existential despair is the thinking man's depression and you're spot on in the benefits of training for depression and also anxiety. I like the simplicity of the approach ,especially in such a complex, technologically advanced society we can easily get confused and lose our way among so much mental bombardment that we need reminders like this to remind us what our true basic needs are and what we evolved to be. You are a weightlifting Thoreau who also wanted to simplify his life and ask the question what in fact are the basic human needs and how can these be met. Jack London thought that it was bourgeois to even ask the question about the meaning of life as survival itself was hard enough and didn't leave time for philosophizing. So this is the clarity that came from the roiling pain
    of despair and thank you for sharing with us what you learned there.It brings us back to our senses and ourselves.

starting strength coach development program
    Seeing gray-haired people pick up the barbell is like seeing old men plant trees. It's a sign of a healthy culture.