starting strength gym

Thread: Solitude | Jim Steel

Default Solitude | Jim Steel

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    "I have always craved solitude. While I worked as a strength coach at the University of Pennsylvania for 20 years, I would go for maybe a month or so of working, and I'd start to feel this yearning to get away, for a reset of everything..."

Read article

Absolutely fantastic stuff here from Jim Steel. I have not worked my way up to 3 sets of 5 with 500 lbs, but I am working on getting there. I want to feel exactly like how Jim described it here. Great piece of writing.

Beautiful article. Currently living in central London, using a local globo gym and having to watch PTs coach people through Bosu ball shoulder press squat jumps between sets I yearn for a garage gym. And a dog. Mostly the dog to be honest.

Yes! That's why I will never go back to the globo gym. The feeling of my hot sweaty garage provides that same relief without all the nonsense. In spite of the current "social distancing" elements, i crave that time of solitude and it keeps me going. It may not be 500 on my back but the description of the effort completely fits what goes through my head. It's you, a loaded bar and gravity. Two of those simply don't care; there's no emotion but what you bring. The other two quickly put that into perspective and clear your focus for the reality... you make it go up.
    Thanks for putting it into words Jim Steel!

Thanks so much for the kind words! I really enjoyed writing this one, really appreciate the feedback.