starting strength gym

Thread: Older Novice Looking Forward to SS Journey!!

Default Older Novice Looking Forward to SS Journey!!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello Coach,

I just wanted to get some advice on a few things. I am beginning SS this weekend and was curious about running the program until its needed to switch things up. I am a 54 yr old male, weighing 238lbs and no ailments or injuries to prevent me from performing all the movements. I actually feel great when I lift and been blessed to have no in juries. I have done some strength training in the past and I feel I can definitely increase my 1rm and 5rm on all the lifts.
    Squat 245
    Bench 245
    Press 155
    Deadlift 285

I really want to improve my strength and tighten up the body. I understand diet is key and need to pay more attention to it.
    Also should I do any prowler type exercises after a workout or on a different days. Would you recommend anything on of days? Should rest days just be for rest.

Obviously not being 25 I realize I will stall quicker than a younger guy but when is it time to move on to one of your other programs. Looking forward to SS and all it has to offer. Also love to attend a class in the NY area someday. Need a SS in NNJ. lol

Sorry for all the questions as I am sure you have heard them all and answered them numerous times.

Any advice on how to attack this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ScottD