starting strength gym

Thread: Chalk recommendation UK

Default Chalk recommendation UK

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I'm currently using a chalk from Amazon, can't remember the name but was most likely cheap, that is particularly messy even when applying small amounts. It leaves a noticeable residue on plates/bar and spills to the matting when hands come in contact with the bar, particularly with DL's.
    Can anyone recommend a 'cleaner' chalk from a UK based company?

Cheers,
    James.

Simple magnesium carbonate in two ounce blocks ought to do Just Fine; I searched the forum, and Dr. Morris recommended this.
    Chalk Monster Blocks (1 lb)
    I also recommend a wire brush to get the residue off of your bar and plates. You still have those in the UK, right? Or has your country fallen that far into madness?

Thanks Dalton i'll try your recommendation.

Not sure you have a leg to stand on re country madness.

Cheers,
    James.

Only the Swedes have legs beyond the knee cap at this point, as demonstrated over the course of this year. At least I can carry a pocket knife in (nearly) all of my country without "good reason." Which begs the question, is it the Queen that still decides what reasons are good? Or did COVID-19 kill her off too? I hope you understand that I only jest. If we Americans didn't give you Brits shit, who would? Best of luck in your training James.

I use the My Protein chalk which is fine, much cleaner than normal chalk (depends on what your gym allows).