starting strength gym

Thread: Mystery problem fixed mysteriously

Default Mystery problem fixed mysteriously

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am 56 years old and I've been following the program for about 7 months. All my adult life, I've had a slight asymmetry in my legs: whevever I lay flat on my back and look down at my feet, my right foot always rests at a greater angle from the verticle than my left. If my feet were clock hands, they'd be saying five minutes to two.

I always thought this resulted from a minor back injury sustained in my early twenties while working on a building site. I think a doctor diagnosed it as mild sciatica - but it was a long time ago and I might be misremembering.

The other day I looked down at my feet when I was lying on my back and was amazed to see them resting in perfect symmetry - ten to two! This must have happened over the past months. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that I'm deadlifting 125K or squatting 90K. Maybe there was a muscle strength imbalance that one of these exercises has corrected.

Anyway, I'm absolutely delighted about this. My question is, which exercise do you think fixed me, and how?

If you did all of them symmetrically, all of them reinforced symmetry. See why unilateral corrective exercises are bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    See why unilateral corrective exercises are bullshit?
    Yes, I do! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise. I intend to be reinforcing symmetry for the rest of my life.