starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Gyms: Performance Update | Ray Gillenwater

Default Starting Strength Gyms: Performance Update | Ray Gillenwater

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "One of the most appealing aspects of Starting Strength is its quantifiable nature. Performance can be tracked and measured. Business functions in exactly the same way, which has made the business of Starting Strength a satisfying endeavor for all of us who enjoy watching numbers grow."

Read article

These numbers showing the members increase in strength and broken down like that is amazing.
    No exaggeration, no one else in the entire industry can prove their system works like this, using actual data.
    First time I have ever seen (meta) data like this displayed for review.

No surprise but to actually see the data is impressive.

Only question for Coach Ray G --

In list of the "highest-potential cities that we’d approve without much deliberation", you include Arlington. Is that Arlington, Texas, or Arlington, Virginia? I'd kinda hope for Virginia, being I'm in Manassas ...

Bruce (I'm taking the CP course, and might be ready in '21 to go for a seminar/eval)

This is such an incredible mission you're on. You guys are kicking ass and changing the fitness industry for the best!

INVICTUS

congratulations!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Ware View Post

In list of the "highest-potential cities that we’d approve without much deliberation", you include Arlington. Is that Arlington, Texas, or Arlington, Virginia?
    Hi Bruce, this is referring to Virginia. Arlington, VA gets ~10k hits to the website annually.

Tommy, Francesco, Tiger- Thanks! This is a complicated business model since there are two tiers: selling gyms and enabling the gyms to sell memberships. Tough to balance all of the important considerations and incentives, but we're doing well so far.

Ray, why is the 7 platform so much more expensive? What am I missing there?

And it looks like the revenue numbers aren't too far off from my very rough projections.

Glad these are so successful to date.

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Ray, why is the 7 platform so much more expensive? What am I missing there?

And it looks like the revenue numbers aren't too far off from my very rough projections.

Glad these are so successful to date.
    Palios, the 4/6/8 platform estimates are for mixed use or industrial spaces. The lease, furniture, and buildout are less expensive. The 7+ platform column is our premium retail model (like all of the current gyms). Still much cheaper than our fitness franchise competitors and in most cases it means better access to the target demo and much better visibility.

Thank you! I’m imagining what our performance will be once there’s less confusion about whether or not it’s safe to lift weights in a room with other people.

One other follow up...the gyms you reference (Austin, Dallas, Houston, Denver)...are they industrial space or retail?

As a comparison...is Weights & Plates that Robert owns an 'industrial' space? I've been there, and it doesn't look like the pictures of the SS gyms I've seen. Or is W&P an affiliate?

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    One other follow up...the gyms you reference (Austin, Dallas, Houston, Denver)...are they industrial space or retail?

As a comparison...is Weights & Plates that Robert owns an 'industrial' space? I've been there, and it doesn't look like the pictures of the SS gyms I've seen. Or is W&P an affiliate?
    All of the current gyms are premium retail. This was the vision for the SS franchise model and now that it's proven, we are going to experiment with different formats.

Santana runs an Affiliate Gym - not sure what type of space he's in but it appears to be mixed use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast