starting strength gym

Thread: Where would you like to see SS camps?

Default Where would you like to see SS camps?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys!

I am a SSC who closed my gyms this year thanks to COVID and am currently traveling in an RV working as a online coach. I am planning out my year for Starting Strength Camps I will hold in 2021.

I would love to get town and gym recommendations from you all for where you would like to see camps & which camps you would like in your area. I plan to hold at least 2 camps a month (more if there is interest) and will be trying to hold one in every state. This is our current schedule for January-May.
    Thanks in advance for the help!

January- Florida

February- Louisiana and Mississippi

March- Alabama and Georgia

April- North and South Carolina

May- Tennessee

Charleston SC area - Titus Strength and Fitness in Knightsville. Owned by Heather and BJ Faas. Awesome gym; she was a nationally ranked powerlifter. Great people and a very nice facility. Chalk bowls, racks, and good bars.

Wonderful thank you for the recommendation! I will definitely reach out to them

Albuquerque, NM!

Iron Soul Gym. I'm sure if you reach out to Eric, he'd love to have you host a camp there. He's a great guy. He's held powerlifting seminars with Ed Coan at that gym.

Nicole,

I’m so sorry to hear about your gym closing! Do you know where in MS and/or TN you’ll be? If not, you may be able to check with NBS in Memphis. I don’t know the owners, but it’s a pretty hardcore powerlifting gym from what many of my friends have told me. I will definitely try to attend a seminar in MS or TN.

How many attendees do you need at the camp to make it worth it? I'd love to host one at my gym, but the facility is a little smaller than most.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Awesome! We are absolutely planning on hitting NM, I think towards the end of next year for some camps I will write that gym down. I appreciate the recommendation!

For Tennessee we are planning somewhere near Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis . In MS, we are planning on going around Jackson for now.

Hey Andrew! Thanks for reaching out. Currently, I can host a camp myself with 8 people. I would say 4 people make it worth it. In the past, I use just 1-2 racks and have people sharing the bar and weights since we have people lift one at a time.

Nicole,

If there’s only 4 to 8 people, I could probably manage that at my house. 4 would be better than 8, but I could probably get 4 co-workers to sign up right off the bat. I have a squat rack, two barbells, a bench, and 435 pounds of plates. I also have access to 4 extra 45 pounders in case Chase shows up and needs to get some press work in. :-)

I do understand that being at a house is not really the norm, but I CAN promise we won’t be shutting down for COVID. If it’s something you want to consider, let me know what else you’d need and I’ll do my best to accommodate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Rutherford View Post
    Hey Andrew! Thanks for reaching out. Currently, I can host a camp myself with 8 people. I would say 4 people make it worth it. In the past, I use just 1-2 racks and have people sharing the bar and weights since we have people lift one at a time.
    I should be able to make that work if you're interested in coming to Ohio. Let's talk - BlackmetalStrengthTraining@gmail.com
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Rutherford View Post
    Awesome! We are absolutely planning on hitting NM, I think towards the end of next year for some camps I will write that gym down. I appreciate the recommendation!.
    YESSSSSS

And if for whatever reason that gym doesn't work, you could maybe try Legion Iron. And if THAT doesn't work, maybe we can talk about the gym that I manage. (I am using my gym as a last option because it's very tiny, with only two squat racks...)