starting strength gym

Thread: 5s, Not 10s | Carl Raghavan

Default 5s, Not 10s | Carl Raghavan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "You don’t know it yet, but I do. You need to do your 5s 3 days per week, then eat and sleep enough to recover. And that’s all you need from the weight room..."

Read article

Great article...actually laughed out loud reading it.

so true - especially with old injuries -- 5's are the sweet spot but when I go over that into the 7's and beyond the old rotator cuff injury always says: back the fuck off ding-dong

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    "You don’t know it yet, but I do. You need to do your 5s 3 days per week, then eat and sleep enough to recover. And that’s all you need from the weight room..."

Read article
    Enjoyed this.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post

Read article
    I enjoyed this very informative article. I'm a new member and new to SS, and a very recent experience re: "buying a block of sessions with him." Trainers gave me a free session and had me winded doing circuit exercises nearly nonstop. By the end, when they wanted to talk about my goals, they recommended 4 weeks' sessions one-on-one. This would have cost me roughly $1,500.

I politely but firmly declined because while I do want to improve my cardiovascular endurance at some point (and admit it needs work), my goal right now is strength and the size that comes along. They were fit and strong, and well-built, but I knew during the free session they were going to try to sell me something ("when we work you one-on-one, you'll improve your form, you'll learn how to eat, and your flexibility will improve..." "we will take good care of you and turn you into the best you...").

I'm going to keep this article for future reference.