starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My fiance tries to stop me from eating

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigsrud View Post
    I was afraid I'd get such an answer. It's not really an option though. In any case, am I right in that I should eat more? I'm drinking half a gallon of milk by the way, as I am somewhat fat.
    You should eat how much you need in order to recover and progress. I know that's not a great answer. If you want real numbers, I'd suggest finding a macro calculator and working out your TDEE, etc. and adjusting for a plan to "bulk." Those are useful for identifying a starting point, then to bulk up you add calories and to cut you remove calories. However, I don't know that using a formula is superior to asking the first three questions when your lifts start to stall.

If the milk is making you fluffy try eating more ground chuck or sirloin. Just promise her you'll "do a cut" when your squat gets over 500.

For what it's worth, when I ran NLP I went from ~230lbs to ~280lbs at a height of 6'4" and 36 years old. I think I added an inch, maybe 2 to my waist. My wife didn't mind, and my sister wondered where I had put it. One of these day's I'll try to shed some of the belly fat. Maybe when my squat gets over 500.

Can’t you sneak off to the drive through? If she asks where you’ve been just lie and say you’re having an affair....

Brutal. Men marry women hoping they will not change. Women marry men hoping they will change. As it was, is, and ever will be.

I was afraid I'd get such an answer. It's not really an option though. In any case, am I right in that I should eat more? I'm drinking half a gallon of milk by the way, as I am somewhat fat.
    Well, no. Not with that attitude.

I have to agree with Rip on this one.

I really appreciate the feedback guys, and it was a good mix of different advise. I will consider it all and I'll see what i end up doing. It's bot big enough of a deal for either of us for it to be a threat to the relationship I think, but this is my first worry. I'll keep you guys updated if you'd like.

Best regards, Stigsrud

I told my wife there only going to be one fat person in our marriage and it’s going to be me. She is the hot one I’m the one that protects the family and that’s the end of it

Still married happily 40 years later (most of the time lol)

Your fiance is probably not stopping you from eating, she's trying to stop you from eating too much junk food and getting too fat, which is quite a legitimate concern. You should probably listen to her instead of a bunch of dues on a forum who know nothing about your situation, eating habits and the rest. Of course, if you just want someone to confirm your bias, let me chime in: "tell your fiance how dare she assume..."

Haha I feel for her, how would you like it if she started looking like shit and said she’s gonna get even fatter? Straighten out your macros, eat less fat more carbs, read Santana’s articles and use his advice. I bet you could eat the same amount of calories but ditch the milk for something with less fat and up your carbs you’d be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Your fiance is probably not stopping you from eating, she's trying to stop you from eating too much junk food and getting too fat, which is quite a legitimate concern. You should probably listen to her instead of a bunch of dues on a forum who know nothing about your situation, eating habits and the rest. Of course, if you just want someone to confirm your bias, let me chime in: "tell your fiance how dare she assume..."
    Pot, kettle, Jovan.

starting strength coach development program
    H!

I'm a 24 y.o. male at 6"1 and 215 lbs. I started NLP 3 weeks ago, and so far progress has been good (squat up from 198 to 275). My body fat % is somewhere around 25-30% I think, but take this with a big grain of salt.

I'm currently eating ~220g protein and ~3000 kcal a day. I think I might need to increase that to 250/4000.

My fiance however disagrees, and thinks I eat too much already. She worries I will get fat(ter). Do I listen to her? If not, what can I tell her to make her accept my eating?

Best regards, Stigsrud.
    Your fiance doesn't know shit. You kinda don't either, though. Maybe don't make a 1000 calorie jump? At 24 and 215 with a 275 squat three weeks in, this is unnecessary. Add 200 calories this week, then 200 the week after next if you need to, and so on. Check back in when your squat is 405x5.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast