starting strength gym

Thread: Knee Sleeves are Ruining Your Squat | Carl Raghavan

Default Knee Sleeves are Ruining Your Squat | Carl Raghavan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "​Okay, so they’re probably not ruining your squat. But they may be affecting it in ways you didn’t expect. And knee sleeves are everywhere. I usually find that novice lifters assume they’ll need them along with shoes and a belt, and most people I see squatting at the gym are wearing them."

Read article

Default Knee sleeves versus "knee wraps or warmers"

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    "​Okay, so they’re probably not ruining your squat. But they may be affecting it in ways you didn’t expect. And knee sleeves are everywhere. I usually find that novice lifters assume they’ll need them along with shoes and a belt, and most people I see squatting at the gym are wearing them."
    I don't know about the "boost of confidence" but they keep my right knee comfortable. "They’re also great for people who have current knee injuries or tweaks, as they help to keep the joint warm and add a nice boost of confidence."
    I almost always have some kind of "wrap" or neoprene sleeve on my right knee when I am lifting. The wrap or sleeve may or may not promote heavier lifts--I don't know. What they do provide is "warmth". What I have experienced is that my right knee (on which I have had surgery) is much less likely to ache after my workout if I keep it warm while lifting.
    Good advice. Great article.
    agingbones

After I hurt my leg I got my first set of knee sleeve. I got the single ply knee sleeves from spud inc. They have straps on the side that make them easy to get on and off and they aren't neoprene so they wash easy too. the only problem is that they have a few spots on the inside where the straps are sewn and burned that are sharp. I need to sew in a bit of mole skin to cover them. Bt I agree they helped me feel confident I could squat again after I tore my quad. Good article I will have to make sure they don't become a crutch.