starting strength gym

Thread: Any trainers in south Florida for oly lifts?

Default Any trainers in south Florida for oly lifts?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I知 down in Fort Lauderdale and trying to find a coach to show me the Olympic lifts. I currently am trying to teach myself the clean, but I知 sick of wasting time and would like some real coaching so I can start getting some good work in. I don稚 see any starting strength coaches, but does anyone know of anyone knowledgeable in the area? I do know flights to Dallas are $59 right now so maybe I値l get pissed off enough to go to wfac and book a session there. Either way someone local would be nice, thanks for any help.

Pete Troupos (my online coach) is based in Orlando. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I知 down in Fort Lauderdale and trying to find a coach to show me the Olympic lifts. I currently am trying to teach myself the clean, but I知 sick of wasting time and would like some real coaching so I can start getting some good work in. I don稚 see any starting strength coaches, but does anyone know of anyone knowledgeable in the area? I do know flights to Dallas are $59 right now so maybe I値l get pissed off enough to go to wfac and book a session there. Either way someone local would be nice, thanks for any help.
    There is an olympic lifting place in Miami by the river--I think it is run by a former medalist. I think Pete has had a seminar at a place called Broward Barbell.

Thanks for the responses. I contacted Broward barbell to get a training session in.

I am temporarily in Fort Lauderdale for a month or so. I can potentially teach you. I'm no expert, but if you check my post history you can see my lifts a bit and I've thought a lot about the Rip way vs the standard oly stuff you'll likely encounter.

starting strength coach development program
    My coworker routinely medals at the national level in OLY. She goes to Optimus Barbell Club in West Palm Beach and has found a great community of lifters there. She adores her coach, Zach Caswell (@ciniman_waffle on Instagram). He does a good job of mixing remote and in person training to fit around her busy work travel schedule