starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interested in starting ss but need advice

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    No. Where did I imply that in my response?
    You said "They see Fight Club (which I assume was referring to Brad Pitt) and He-Man and think that's what women like" in the context of men wanting the small physique of a female.

I just wondered as I get that Brad Pitt was extremely skinny and probably does weigh about the same as a bikini competitor in that movie but people do see that as an ideal physique. I assumed He-Man was referring to Dolph who is a pretty big dude.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I don't mean to plagiarize from Rip, but he's just right: "No one can see your abs when you have a shirt on, but if you have a 500 deadlift, they can see your lats and traps through a sweatshirt."
    Yeah, if you're 220+ with abs that's great. If you're 150 with abs, that's not great if you ever wanna be 220+ with abs. You have to gain weight to...gain weight

starting strength coach development program
    I didn't even know Dolph played He-man in the live action, but having looked at images of him, I'd say that's at least realistic. He-man the cartoon, by contrast, is comically shredded. It might be attainable, but probably only by a few handful of men on a handful of drugs. That's what I was referring to.

He-man isn't a perfect example, but he does wear clothing that deliberately exposes his abs and biceps. That's more where I was going with that.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234