starting strength gym

Thread: Power Tools and Basic Woodworking | A Californian's Guide to Normal America Part 3

Default Power Tools and Basic Woodworking | A Californian's Guide to Normal America Part 3

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Continuing our quest to help coastal refugees to Normal America with basic info on what to do with their newfound freedoms. In this episode, Starting Strength Coach Andrew Lewis gives a riveting primer on power tools and basic woodworking.

Looking forward to the next installments:
    How to build and use manual hand drills, because electricity is being rationed.
    HAM radio for communications previously possible on cell phones
    Home metallurgy for sword and shield

I compliment your choice of this Orange tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Looking forward to the next installments:
    How to build and use manual hand drills, because electricity is being rationed.
    HAM radio for communications previously possible on cell phones
    Home metallurgy for sword and shield
    Homemade sword and shield is tough especially if you want to do anything with iron. Just get a 7ft dowel of oak. It's not illegal to carry around. Hammer is good too, but it has less reach.

I never got into manual hand drills, but people who are really into handtools (understandably) like them.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I compliment your choice of this Orange tool.
    Thanks. I'm a fan of Ridgid. They make good quality stuff at a moderate price.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

It's too bad the California refugees are probably going to opt for trying to make their new locations assimilate to them instead of assimilating to their new locations.

This video was especially timely for me going into my second mandated quarantine from school; while utterly idiotic, my two weeks left me with some projects to do in my bedroom. My dad has always been naturally talented with drafting and carpentry, so I have gotten to learn from him on all of the bells and whistles that anyone would ever need. We managed to build a dresser and a cabinet for my closet, and Hell will freeze over before I ever get rid of them. I can't begin to explain how rewarding and memorable creating something is, all the more so when it is with someone else.

Thank you for the video, Andrew, and congratulations on becoming an SSC! I'm looking forward to seeing your content in the future, cheers.

Good for you using the time to do something rewarding. There's no feeling like it.

Thank you for the congratulations.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    ... I'm a fan of Ridgid. They make good quality stuff at a moderate price.
    Have an opinion on Tekton tools?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Have an opinion on Tekton tools?
    I do not. I've never used them.