starting strength gym

Thread: Distractions | Jim Steel

Default Distractions | Jim Steel

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "One of my favorite things to do when I go out of town is to train at a local gym. Basically, I have to lift weights in the morning wherever I am or I am irritable as hell all day. I feel worthless, and something feels like it's gnawing at the back of my head until I get the training in..."

Read article

Excellent article, I think everyone has seen examples like described here. Personally, I have a home gym now so I don't have to deal with the crappy music and the people glued to their phones, I just put on a SS podcast and train, I'll switch to some Metallica, Lamb of God, Dimmu Borgir or similar when I'm really grinding. The only things I have to deal with my neighbor smoking, the possums visiting, or my wife texting me to come up and rub her feet before she goes to sleep.

My first job out of undergraduate school had me working in a corporate fitness center. One female employee’s “workout” was riding the recumbent bicycle for 30 minutes, barely moving the pedals, while reading Reader’s Digest magazine. She did that every time. She never changed in the year-and-a-half I was there.