starting strength gym

Thread: The New Fitness Industry | Mark Rippetoe

Default The New Fitness Industry | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "A significant event has occurred, perhaps the most significant event many of us will ever see. A complete restructuring of society is in progress, and it will have profound effects on businesses of all sizes in every sector of the economy. The fitness industry is one of the most heavily-affected sectors, with local and state governments relegating health clubs to 'non-essential' status because they have been exposed as recreational in nature. Jobs and investments are at risk, and a new approach to what we do is necessary. It is our approach at Starting Strength Gyms and our affiliates."

Read article

In my humble opinion what would help the most is for training to be prescribed and covered as a health care item. It’s not recreation then, it’s treatment therapy whatever you want to call it to improve someone’s health. It is ludicrous I can prescribe anyone PT, speech therapy, an MRI of their nose, a pill for anything but I can’t prescribe them a NLP even though anyone remotely aware of what it is knows it has more benefit than most of the shit that is currently done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    In my humble opinion what would help the most is for training to be prescribed and covered as a health care item. It’s not recreation then, it’s treatment therapy whatever you want to call it to improve someone’s health. It is ludicrous I can prescribe anyone PT, speech therapy, an MRI of their nose, a pill for anything but I can’t prescribe them a NLP even though anyone remotely aware of what it is knows it has more benefit than most of the shit that is currently done.
    I would really enjoy listening in on Rip’s call to the insurance company to get prior authorization for “additional treatments,” or to discuss how his reimbursement was reduced due to inappropriate diagnostic icd codes used to justify the cpt billing code.

Great article, Rip. I'm hoping one of the extremely sparse silver linings that comes out of this response to the pandemic is that the fitness industry stays changed for the better because people who actually want to train realize what is going on at Globogym.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    I would really enjoy listening in on Rip’s call to the insurance company to get prior authorization for “additional treatments,” or to discuss how his reimbursement was reduced due to inappropriate diagnostic icd codes used to justify the cpt billing code.
    No kidding. That would make for some serious entertainment. My favorite is the peer to peer to explain why saving someone’s life was necessary and couldn’t wait for a prior authorization. Only to have an non clinical MD say well we are going to deny anyway. Medicine is fun.

Listen, you guys wanted a cartel and no competitive market in pricing. Deal with it now.

starting strength coach development program
    My God those were dark days. Great article.