Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Conversation with Chase Lindley | Starting Strength Radio #87

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    The Press | Mark Rippetoe

So many gems in this article.

and to see guys like Redding, his size so quick and agile....watch Redding after the lift, how quickly he moves. What an athlete.

And getting that to lockout in one second.
    Reding was definitely a high-explosive guy. Both the speed of that lift and how effortlessly he rockets up into the air when he hears the lift was good demonstrate that pretty clearly. It's pretty unreal seeing a guy that huge just rocket off the ground like that only off a very small bend of the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    What were the books mentioned in the podcast that you gave Chase, Rip? There is a book titled The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins that sounds similar in nature. It starts with humans and works back to single-celled organisms, discussing divergent branches, etc. I wouldn't say it was graduate level, but it was very in depth and quite the incredible read.

Also, regarding Chase's education... I did quite a few courses on edx.org and on Coursera. They are college classes, online for free, that can be taken by anyone not from North Korea or Iran. They are offered by Ivy League institutions like MIT, Harvard, etc., as well as state schools and other accredited colleges. They are not for credit, but if you're looking to simply enrich your knowledge with courses that you are interested in, there really isn't a better option. Maybe pass that along to him. No sense in paying $1600 for a single class when you can do it for free online and probably understand it better. The labs aren't as easy to do online, but I took Biology through MIT's Edx platform and, to this day, think it was the best class I've ever taken.
    This is what I wanted to ask: What is the name of the book and author?

I believe it is also possible to do coursework for credits and "microdegree"s etc on Edx or Coursera. There might be a $100 fee per class and you may have to take a final exam at a testing center of some sort.
    In addition, there is an organization called "Western Governor's University" (WGU) that is a fully accredited online university that is a good option. (Coursework and credits used to be heavily based on merit, but I don't know if that has changed over the past year)

Lab work courses may still be restricted to the university.

Another good episode. Cool new intro.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    The Press | Mark Rippetoe

So many gems in this article.
    Starting Strength rabbit hole at it again.
    Thank you for linking that article, Tommy. It comes again at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    I don’t know about you, but I feel like apologizing to the barbell every time I train the press, because, if nothing else, I have an accurate perspective of where I stand in the Grand Scheme of Things, and I am embarrassed for all of us.
    I actually apologize to the barbell every time I press. And I shame myself into aggression to make the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This is what I wanted to ask: What is the name of the book and author?
    Patterns and Processes of Vertebrate Evolution (Cambridge Paleobiology Series) 1st Edition, Robert L. Carroll

starting strength coach development program
    I really enjoyed this episode, Chase should come on more, even if he hates it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12