starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Conversation with Chase Lindley | Starting Strength Radio #87

Default A Conversation with Chase Lindley | Starting Strength Radio #87

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark Rippetoe and Starting Strength Coach Chase Lindley discuss his recent 405 lb press PR, growing up at WFAC, and his path to the Starting Strength Coach certification.

Rip, did you give Chase another one of your Wuhan Special Haircuts? It was fun listening to Chase. I think Chase should guest star on a podcast some day and give Rip the day off. Kinda like the way Joan Rivers would sub for Johnny Carson on occasion. Ditto for Bre. Better yet...both Bre and Chase.

I enjoyed the podcast and also the article you mentioned regarding the Press.

The Tragic History of the Military Press

I wonder if teaching to “drift” the chest down to help extend the arms can be a “phase” towards the second lay back. I don’t know if that’s clear or not

Thanks for covering the red light reasoning and why it should have been three. Makes sense.

Regardless of technicalities, that was one impressive feat of strength.

What were the books mentioned in the podcast that you gave Chase, Rip? There is a book titled The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins that sounds similar in nature. It starts with humans and works back to single-celled organisms, discussing divergent branches, etc. I wouldn't say it was graduate level, but it was very in depth and quite the incredible read.

Also, regarding Chase's education... I did quite a few courses on edx.org and on Coursera. They are college classes, online for free, that can be taken by anyone not from North Korea or Iran. They are offered by Ivy League institutions like MIT, Harvard, etc., as well as state schools and other accredited colleges. They are not for credit, but if you're looking to simply enrich your knowledge with courses that you are interested in, there really isn't a better option. Maybe pass that along to him. No sense in paying $1600 for a single class when you can do it for free online and probably understand it better. The labs aren't as easy to do online, but I took Biology through MIT's Edx platform and, to this day, think it was the best class I've ever taken.

Hi Rip,

as always, when it is strength training related, I really enjoyed your show and also hats off to Chase for his amazing feat of strength. But I was a bit disappointed by your lack of education about Olympic Weightlifting as in the Olympics there is only one medal given out for the total. In the World or European Championships they award additional medals for the Snatch and the Clean and Jerk but not in the Olympics :-)

The comments from youtube reminded me a lot of this old image I saw a few years ago.

Chase’s lift got me fired up to press and I went through the SS articles on the press.
    Found this beauty from Rip
    But if the real reason you don’t want to press is the fact that you don’t want to confront a hole – probably a gaping hole – in your strength, then the bar is right: you’re a pussy.”

starting strength coach development program
    The Press | Mark Rippetoe

So many gems in this article.

and to see guys like Redding, his size so quick and agile....watch Redding after the lift, how quickly he moves. What an athlete.

And getting that to lockout in one second.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast