starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIA..Paul Horn

Default MIA..Paul Horn

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Anybody know how Paul Horn is doing? He hasn't post awhile on IG for awhile. I don't have Facebook so I don't know if he has posted over there. He also hasn't had a new podcast since September. Anyway I know he has had some crap this year just wondering how he's holding up.

Thanks,

well, if he's living in California still there's probably not much to post about.

either, he's doing nothing and there is nothing to post

or, he's doing something and doesn't want to self-incriminate

I'm still alive and flattered someone out there is wondering about me. It's been a hell of a year. Business shut down twice. Then sold. Divorced. Dog died. Shady contractor ran off with my money. Etc. Not really social-media-friendly stuff.

But, on the upside, I'm putting my house on the market in January and finally getting the hell out of CA. I haven't decided exactly where I'm headed yet, but it's looking like Utah, Idaho or Colorado. You know, all the places we Californians are ruining. I've been keeping busy with online coaching and private sessions at my home gym. I discovered online dating after 10 years out of the game. That's been ... well ... entertaining. I also wrote my first book and am making my way through the notes from my editor as we speak. That should be out in the first half of next year. We'll get some more podcasts up when things settle down and the house is sold.

That's my update. Thanks again for checking in!

Bought a poster from him and exchanged emails a few weeks ago in the process. Could not be more of a gentleman.
    Never met him, but very professional when it comes to sending out merch.
    His poster is epic. Guy can write.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Horn View Post
    I'm still alive and flattered someone out there is wondering about me. It's been a hell of a year. Business shut down twice. Then sold. Divorced. Dog died.
    Yep. I knew you were going through a rough time. Was digging the podcast then they stopped. The one with Dans mom was hilarious!! Good to hear you still have you head up.

I'm still alive and flattered someone out there is wondering about me. It's been a hell of a year. Business shut down twice. Then sold. Divorced. Dog died. Shady contractor ran off with my money. Etc. Not really social-media-friendly stuff.
    Paul, that's a crazy year for you, man. My prayers go out to you, Paul.

I'm glad to hear you're still alive. The video you did about owning a gym was one of the most influential pieces of business-related media I've consumed in the last five years.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Thank you, guys! Really. I'm actually doing great. Lots of transition, but I'm excited about the future. Owning the gym was a fun project and I learned so much along the way. Now I get to move on to the next project, and I'm being forced to get creative again. More good stuff to come. Good to know there are a few guys rooting for me!

(And Andrew, I saw your gym on Instagram. It looks perfect, brother!)

I'm glad you liked it.

Good luck, man. Anytime you're in northeastern Ohio, feel free to drop by.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you, guys! Really. I'm actually doing great. Lots of transition, but I'm excited about the future. Owning the gym was a fun project and I learned so much along the way. Now I get to move on to the next project, and I'm being forced to get creative again. More good stuff to come. Good to know there are a few guys rooting for me!

(And Andrew, I saw your gym on Instagram. It looks perfect, brother!)
    You’ll rebuild with the same original energy, and more insight. Maybe something like Tom Wolfe’s “A Man in Full”.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast