starting strength gym

Thread: Chin Ups Every Workout

Default Chin Ups Every Workout

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Are there any significant cons to doing chin ups on both A and B days for the SSLP if your chin up numbers are dwindling/non-existent?

There is a possibility of not having enough upper body recovery, so you just need to be mindful of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Bynon View Post
    Are there any significant cons to doing chin ups on both A and B days for the SSLP if your chin up numbers are dwindling/non-existent?
    Elbow tendinitis.

If you haven't had golfers elbow you have no idea how much it can affect your life. By the time you know you have it you may be in for an extended hiatus from chinups. In my case it was almost a year of no chinups before I tried one in a kids playground and found that I had recovered.

Rip has a much faster recovery method but it is painful and scary. Wanting to do lots of chinups seems to be common for guys doing their NLP. There's lots of other accessory stuff you can do when you complete your progression and switching them around will help avoid overuse injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Elbow tendinitis.

If you haven't had golfers elbow you have no idea how much it can affect your life. By the time you know you have it you may be in for an extended hiatus from chinups. In my case it was almost a year of no chinups before I tried one in a kids playground and found that I had recovered.

Rip has a much faster recovery method but it is painful and scary. Wanting to do lots of chinups seems to be common for guys doing their NLP. There's lots of other accessory stuff you can do when you complete your progression and switching them around will help avoid overuse injuries.
    This is interesting. I’ve used Rip’s chin-up protocol to recover from golfers and tennis elbow. I didn’t know that chins also caused either one of them.

It doesn't.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It doesn't.
    I suspected as much...