starting strength gym

Thread: Misloading the Bar | stef bradford

Default Misloading the Bar | stef bradford

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "A good habit for a lifter to get into is to verify that the bar is loaded correctly and that the plates are tight before starting each set. This helps prevent misloads, where the weight is accidentally too heavy or too light, or where the load is different at each end of the barbell."

Read article

Great article, Stef. The symmetry rule is very effective.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

OK, but what do you do when you tell yourself "OK, work set is 30 lbs more than that last warm up set." And then go and load 30 pounds to both ends. Makes for an interesting first rep on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    OK, but what do you do when you tell yourself "OK, work set is 30 lbs more than that last warm up set." And then go and load 30 pounds to both ends. Makes for an interesting first rep on the bench.
    I feel personally attacked.

What I’ve noticed about Stef’s (Dr. Bradford? How to address respectfully?) articles & videos are that they are subtle and sublime. Example: Coach’s Eye video, and of course this article. Loss of focus under the bar has led me to misload a few times with painful, frustrating, or comical results. Thank you for the article.

starting strength coach development program
    Yesterday is noticed myself checking both sides of the bar between work sets to make sure it was all still there after reading the article, hahahha!