starting strength gym

Thread: A Tip for Not Giving Up on Your Deadlifts | Andrew Lewis

Default A Tip for Not Giving Up on Your Deadlifts | Andrew Lewis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Starting Strength Coach Andrew Lewis demonstrates a way to help focus your attention and effort for heavy deadlifts.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Starting Strength Coach Andrew Lewis demonstrates a way to help focus your attention and effort for heavy deadlifts.

Useful thanks Andrew

"your ability to understand time under struggle is not very good" there is a quote for 2020... its all just a blur now

I've said this before.... It's like you all have GD esp with many of the articles and videos posted.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Useful thanks Andrew

"your ability to understand time under struggle is not very good" there is a quote for 2020... its all just a blur now
    I considered alluding to last year, but I prefer to make timeless content. I'm glad you liked the video.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I've said this before.... It's like you all have GD esp with many of the articles and videos posted.......
    I just want to help you. It's my job to know what a lifter needs before they do.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Thank you, Andrew. The metronome idea hadn't occurred to me.

I train alone as a semi-advanced intermediate. I've found that counting "one-one-hundred-thousand, two-one-hundred thousand, etc..." to myself when the pulling (or pushing) becomes overwhelming tides me through to the other side (or to failure) and ensures I'm not counting too fast. Easier said than done when the rubber meets the road, however.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I considered alluding to last year, but I prefer to make timeless content. I'm glad you liked the video.

I just want to help you. It's my job to know what a lifter needs before they do.
    It was quite heartening to see the coach actually demonstrating the concept; talk put into action.

#thestruggleisreal

Quote Originally Posted by franklie View Post
    It was quite heartening to see the coach actually demonstrating the concept; talk put into action.

#thestruggleisreal
    That was a warm up.

I'm ashamed to say that I gave up on my workset deadlift about three minutes after that video was shot. I thought I didn't need it, but I'm not perfect and need the objective time measure as well, so I will be sure to use my metronome next time.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    That was a warm up.

I'm ashamed to say that I gave up on my workset deadlift about three minutes after that video was shot. I thought I didn't need it, but I'm not perfect and need the objective time measure as well, so I will be sure to use my metronome next time.
    Shoutout to you being transparent.