starting strength gym

Thread: Weightlifting Shoe Soles | Mark Rippetoe

Default Weightlifting Shoe Soles | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "Weightlifting shoes are support for the foot under a load, and a tool for more effectively distributing the lifter's bodyweight and the weight of the barbell across the plantar surface in contact with the platform.

The surface of the shoe in contact with the platform can be of various materials."

Read article

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    "Weightlifting shoes are support for the foot under a load, and a tool for more effectively distributing the lifter's bodyweight and the weight of the barbell across the plantar surface in contact with the platform.

The surface of the shoe in contact with the platform can be of various materials."

Read article
    Is shoe on the left the sole on the starting strength shoe?

Rip — I know that you had been working with White's Boots here in Spokane about weightlifting shoes. Another option here is Nicks Boots. Nick learned his craft at White's, then split off in 1964. The real difference between the two is that unlike White's, Nicks is American owned.

I have nothing to do with either company, but that last tidbit of info was what sent me to Nicks when I was looking at a pair of work boots made. Quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by plumber View Post
    Is shoe on the left the sole on the starting strength shoe?
    There is no SS Shoe right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Rip — I know that you had been working with White's Boots here in Spokane about weightlifting shoes. Another option here is Nicks Boots. Nick learned his craft at White's, then split off in 1964. The real difference between the two is that unlike White's, Nicks is American owned.
    Nicks is too small a company, and they stay 6 months behind already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Nicks is too small a company, and they stay 6 months behind already.
    Fair enough. I ordered mine right after the COVID lockdowns and it took a few months to get them delivered. Well worth the wait, but I could see where that would be a production issue.