starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goals 103: Nobody Cares | Carl Raghavan

Default Goals 103: Nobody Cares | Carl Raghavan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "Let me tell you a little secret about your training: nobody cares. Your wife or girlfriend may pretend to care, but she definitely doesn’t. Your friends don’t, your mom, dad, and siblings don’t. Even your dog doesn’t care. So why train? I’ll tell you why: because you care."

Read article

Good article. I've found it's pretty important to tune out everyone else in the gym aside from the occasional polite bit of conversation.

Some really good nuggets.
    1. Not every rep has to be perfect, its not gymnastics being scored by judges. Sometimes you just have to move the damn weight.
    2. Really enjoyed the "BE SOMEBODY!". i will remember that next time I think about lightening up a set. i will imagine Rip yelling at me across the room.
    3. Absolutely true that no one cares about my training. Or my job. or anything else. Everyone is concerned with themselves, and that's ok. I use that to my advantage in many situations.

Great article, thanks Carl. Really enjoy your writing.

Carl is a very likeable guy isn't he

I really enjoyed this article. I've followed the website and largely practiced the methods here on and off for over a decade, and there have been a ton of really great articles and videos. This one stands out as one that I will revisit periodically and share with some friends who can benefit from it.

Oddly enough, I train at home and don't think that I give a shit about anyone seeing me perform the movements, but there are still a lot of great points that speak to me and I really like Carl's writing style. Nicely done, sir.

Actually, my wife does care and she yells at when when I don't train. It's true she doesn't care how much I lift and complains that I'm lifting too much, that it isn't natural. But she notices the improved state of mind, emotional health and general greater "usefulness" (get the honey-do list completed) that comes when I train.

Quote Originally Posted by Salesguy78 View Post
    I really enjoyed this article. I've followed the website and largely practiced the methods here on and off for over a decade, and there have been a ton of really great articles and videos. This one stands out as one that I will revisit periodically and share with some friends who can benefit from it.

Oddly enough, I train at home and don't think that I give a shit about anyone seeing me perform the movements, but there are still a lot of great points that speak to me and I really like Carl's writing style. Nicely done, sir.
    Same here but I would add another great article by Carl that I read and re-read regularly:
    The White Noise of Heavy | Carl Raghavan

Thank you for all your kind words.

I want a life size poster of Rip for my garage wall with the words BE SOMEBODY printed on it.

starting strength coach development program
    Custom Cardboard Cutout | Fathead Official Site
    – Fathead LLC

Just find the right one of him leaning properly and you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    I want a life size poster of Rip for my garage wall with the words BE SOMEBODY printed on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast