starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding starting strength and muscle imbalances

Default Question regarding starting strength and muscle imbalances

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey,

Currently have a weak as hell posterior chain which is being overpowered by my quads and lower back. I've heard people say to me how deadlifting and squatting will make it worse and how i should do other stuff like bodyweight..
    I'm aware that these compound movements are good but will they help strengthen my weak glutes and hamstrings without having my lower back and quads take over. Say i start off with just the bar and add weight each session?

Thanks.

So frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by Ski35143 View Post
    I'm aware that these compound movements are good but will they help strengthen my weak glutes and hamstrings without having my lower back and quads take over.
    Yes. More than anything else you can do.

Ski36143, I'm curious - how did you determined if your quads and lower back are overpowering something ? How did you checked for muscle imbalance ? How do you know this ?

Seems like thats a yes,

Apologies for making this retarded thread

I think you should a version of the squat that works your glutes and hamstrings but not your quads and lower back until you determine they are of equal strength, then you can do the squat from the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Szymon View Post
    Ski36143, I'm curious - how did you determined if your quads and lower back are overpowering something ? How did you checked for muscle imbalance ? How do you know this ?
    When i squatted with the bar my lower back started to get extremely sore, same with my quads. Whilst im aware soreness means jack when it comes to muscular contribution in a lift it felt different. Lowered the weight and felt the same, Tweaked my form today and instead of leaning forward i just bent at the knees and went down, seems to of worked but my quads burnt like hell.

As for the muscular imbalances iv'e got/had a posture issue (Anterior pelvic tilt) so my quads and lower back were already much stronger than my posterior chain).

im guessing sumo squats would be good for this?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Yes. More than anything else you can do.
    Sounds great

starting strength coach development program
    I was being sarcastic, just do the program and muscle imbalances will iron themselves out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast