starting strength gym

Thread: What the Hell Are You People Doing? | Mark Rippetoe

Default What the Hell Are You People Doing? | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Modern powerlifting a very silly sport. From silly rules (like the judge controlling the length of the pause in the bench press instead of, you know, the rules doing it) to silly coaching (like looking up when you squat), I'm afraid the whole sport is destined for the same fate as Roller Derby. Except that powerlifting never made it to Saturday afternoon TV as a regular gig. And that Roller Derby is a helluva lot more fun to watch.

Read article

Wait...they made it a RULE that people HAVE to look up when they deadlift at powerlifting meets?

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Modern powerlifting a very silly sport. From silly rules (like the judge controlling the length of the pause in the bench press instead of, you know, the rules doing it) to silly coaching (like looking up when you squat), I'm afraid the whole sport is destined for the same fate as Roller Derby. Except that powerlifting never made it to Saturday afternoon TV as a regular gig. And that Roller Derby is a helluva lot more fun to watch.

Read article
    Well, finally! I have a bit of a swayback and my belly pushes forward pretty far in regular posture. I couple of years ago I went against the rules of looking up when squatting and deadlifting and went to a neutral even chin down position. My lower back pain decreased fairly quickly. I understand that each body is different and that we need to modify our styles to what works best for our bodies. Thanks for putting this out in an article!

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Wait...they made it a RULE that people HAVE to look up when they deadlift at powerlifting meets?
    No.

hahahaaaaaa