starting strength gym

Thread: Testosterone, PSA, and You with Keith Nichols and Scott Howell | SS Radio #94

Default Testosterone, PSA, and You with Keith Nichols and Scott Howell | SS Radio #94

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark Rippetoe discusses testosterone replacement therapy, PSA silly bullshit, and other men's health topics with Drs. Keith Nichols and Scott Howell from Tier 1 Health and Wellness in Chattanooga, TN.

Transcript & Resources

Great episode. I always look forward to the TRT episodes.

Thank you Rip and Drs. Nichols and Howell for providing this valuable resource. Lots of great information that I am finding relevant as I turn 60 in a few short months.

Aside from getting testosterone checked, I would recommend guys get a sleep test to see if they might need a CPAP machine. My mood and energy levels have certainly increased since I've been using one, and my wife is also sleeping better as my snoring is not keeping her awake anymore. Getting my hypothyroidism under control also contributed to a better outlook on life.

A couple of questions.

If I wanted to go the TRT route, what would I look for in finding a reputable clinic? I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area if that means anything. In May of 2020 my total testosterone was measured as 353 and free testosterone calculated as 60 and I'm not really sure I'm a candidate for treatment.

Also, when, if ever, is treatment indicated for prostate cancer and how is that point decided?

Thanks again for this and all the other outstanding podcasts you provide.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Mark Rippetoe discusses testosterone replacement therapy, PSA silly bullshit, and other men's health topics with Drs. Keith Nichols and Scott Howell from Tier 1 Health and Wellness in Chattanooga, TN.

Transcript & Resources
    Excellent interview with lots of great information. Interestingly, dogs are much more accurate with screening for prostate cancer, if trained to do so. Colon cancer too. They even can be trained to sniff out someone with covid. Really eye opening stuff. I don't think we see this in the medical community, because it would be hard to justify such high prices for a dog sniffing your butt, plus people might not trust the results.

The Dog Will See You Now - Pushkin