starting strength gym

Thread: Making your own chalk

Question Making your own chalk

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello, as the title indicates, I'm wondering about how I would go about making my own chalk for lifting weights.
    I looked up some of this stuff on the internet and what people say basically is mix chalk with alcohol and water. Well, no shit Sherlock.

What is the difference between a good chalk that you can actually train with and cheap slippery one. The kind of chalk that you mix with alcohol, the amount of chalk / alcohol itself etc... Does anybody have any experience with this, I am not form USA and the chalk that we can buy here is expensive as gold or its trash. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lohengramm14 View Post
    Hello, as the title indicates, I'm wondering about how I would go about making my own chalk for lifting weights.
    I looked up some of this stuff on the internet and what people say basically is mix chalk with alcohol and water. Well, no shit Sherlock.

What is the difference between a good chalk that you can actually train with and cheap slippery one. The kind of chalk that you mix with alcohol, the amount of chalk / alcohol itself etc... Does anybody have any experience with this, I am not form USA and the chalk that we can buy here is expensive as gold or its trash. Thank you.
    There is no need to make "liquid chalk" for lifting weights.

When we say "chalk" we mean MgCO3. Since we can't see what you're looking at, maybe provide examples of what you have available and what the actual composition is.